Congresswoman Giffords Marries Spaceman

Mark Kelly & Gabrielle Giffords

Congratulations to Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords on her marriage to NASA astronaut, Cmdr. Mark Kelly. The two were married at the Agua Linda organic farm in Amado, Arizona.

Guests included State Representative, Linda Lopez, former State Senator, Elaine Richardson and former Secretary of Labor, Robert Reich .

Apparently, there will be no honeymoon for the two as Kelly is training for an April mission and as Giffords asserted, “I’m facing a tough re-election year.”

U.S. Navy Commander Kelly resides in Texas and is registered as an independent with Ron Paul as his congressman.

Read The Sierra Vista Herald for an in-depth article including photos.

Sonoran Alliance wishes the best to the happy couple.

Comments

1. Stephen Wheeler says

My thoughts are with you – both of you. I’m deeply sorry to have heard the dreadful news today.

2. hy! God Bless you and your family!

3. Why?????????????

God Bless you and your family!

4. Leticia Wise says

You and all who were injured or killed today and families are in my thoughts and prayers.

I thought that court proceedings were to protect the innocent; to punish the guilty, but mainly to prove guilt beyond reasonable doubt. In this case THERE IS NO DOUBT!! HE IS GUILTY BY VIRTUE OF MANY WITNESSES!!! There should not be a court proceeding wasting the tax payers money! Make an example of him and swiftly carry out the death penalty!!

5. Jenn Johnson says

I agree with Leticia….death penalty…TODAY!

6. We may disagree on a number of political issues, but that is NO REASON anyones life should EVER be in danger of being harmed.

You and your family are in my prayers!

7. Luis B castro says

Deeply sorry about the shooting. Hope you´ll get well.
    I live in colombia Bogotá.

Colombian Navy LT (ret)

++57 313 252 1550

8. I could do nothing but cry and pray! A politician who actually care for the people does not deserve this! Is so sad!! :'(

9. Georgia M. Williams says

My thoughts and prayers are with you.. and to the families of those who were killed I pray your strength!!!

10. ABE3 Chambers says

Are thoughts are with you sir

11. Mohammed Fawzi says

May God heal you and give you the strength to represent your people again.

And may God make things easy for you, your family, and loved ones.

Accra, Ghana

12. Such sad news. My thoughts are with you, your family and all others affected by this senseless tragedy. My prayers for a full recovery. Your work is not done.

13. From Australia . Just very sad that this has happened……… My thoughts and prayers are with you and the other victims and all family members …….

14. My thoughts and prayers are with you. This is really sad. Why people has to do that. Please God, you are the best doctor, take care of Gabrielle and the rest, in Jesus name AMEN.

15. NCC (SW) Williams USN Ret says

Captain, My families Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family tonight.

16. Nancy Battista says

I pray for all of those who were injured and killed in today’s shooting. Let us pray that a lost civility will come to pass in our divided nation. As much as I may disagree with another’s political views I believe I have one vote and so does everyone else. Let’s use our votes rather than guns to express our differences. Peace, n

17. Vivian West says

All are in my prayers. Gabrielle is a good friend to the people of Arizona. This is tragic. Gabe was a really good man. My thoughts and prayers are with his family. God bless them all!!!

18. My thoughts and prayers are will everyone affected by this terrible terrible tragedy.

19. Vivian West says

20. Vivian West says

21. Vivian West says

22. It is very sad to hear about the news. We really pray for her health and security. Mansoor

23. Though I didn’t know her before, I believe this incident shows she was doing something which put the benefits of a few at risk. So, they had no other way to stop her.
    It made me really sad. God bless her and the others.
    From Iran

24. My thoughts and prayers are with you, and to the families of those who were killed I pray your strength! May God bless each and every person and family member that was affected by this hideous tragedy…

25. My thoughts and prayers for Gabrielle’s recovery, and for all the victims, families and friends affected by this tragic event.

26. Lucy Baker says

Of all the images I’ve seen today, this is the one that made me cry. Australians are equally in shock – our thoughts and prayers are with you.

27. Anne Vahlensieck says

Auch aus weiter Ferne (Norddeutschland) möchte ich gute Besserungswünsche für Frau Giffords schicken. Ihr und ihrer Familie wünsche ich viel Kraft.

28. very sad, really sad just unbelieavable. may the Peace of the Lord be upon all the families affected by this tragedy.

29. Jean-Michel says

My prayers from Biarritz, France in Europe, are for you Gabrielle, to come back in good health after this terrible injury. You are so beautiful. Your husband is now in anguish.
    Together you are admirables.
    God is for justice for poor and weakness people, like you. God bless you.

30. Alejandro Vargas says

GOD bless you Gabrielle and family !!!

You and your family are in my prayers

Greetings from Paraguay

31. All Brazilian people are praying for you!

It is a crazy world!

Kind Regards from Brazil,

Irineu

32. So very tragic. Our prayers are with you and your family Gabrielle. God Bless

33. Everybody reading this pray for her full recovery in Jesus name.

34. i am extremely sorry! this is a sad and sorrow.
    my thoughts and prayers are with you. and i hope you Gabrielle and other victims speedy recovery.
    by saeed

35. My prayers are with you for your swift recovery. God bless Daniel for his fast action and courage and being the angel at your side.
    May God bless you and help you in the days ahead!

36. argie puyaao says

ohh meen. this is so sad!!!!
    even though I’m a pilipino, I’m very much affected of that crime incidence. . .
    condolence to the family of rep. giffords
    == i know that God will punish the guilty…

37. Billie Mirkovic says

Gabrielle, I know that you will recover and come back stronger than ever! I never met you; I am not into politics, yet I care for you so much as so many other people. The wole world learned about you. With so much love and prayers you will win!

Let’s not forget those who lost their lives. Our hearts go to all of you and your families.

38. I’m so sorry and my sad is so much .Gabrielle Giffords was still beautiful,young,powerful …and i can’t say anything.i Know Gabrielle REST IN PEACE ALWAYS FOREVER and GOD BLESS HER FAMILY AND ALL OF AMERICAN PEOPEL.
    love you forever.

39. I hear today,Gabrielle gives thumbs up to doctors!!!
    I pray for Gabrielle and i believe god bless and save her … THANK YOU GOD!!!

40. Claudio Frankel says

My pray for Gabrielle and all victims a families of those victims. All you are in my mind every minute.
    Gabrielle, you are strong and the best for Mark!! God bless America

Claudio Frankel
    Buenos Aires, Argentina

41. I am sadden about the events that happened last Saturday. Cmdr. Kelly
    My prayers are with congresswomen Giffords and you. I know that God will be with you and your families through this horrable tragedy. I am looking forward to seeing the congresswomen in Washington doing what she believes in. I honestly believe that with all my heart. Again my prayers are with you and all the families that were victims. God Bless.

42. George Debeljacki says

Not easy to find the right words for such a horrible crime. My and my family’s prayers are with you and all innocent victims of this mindless act of violence. Wish you quick and full recovery.
    May God bless all of you.

43. Gabrielle Giffords and the others who where injured proved to the world their patriotism. the passed the image of true political leaders by sacrificing thei own strenth and blood to the masses. she and her colleques are all leaders and politicians of humanity niether of power nor presrige. i am convinced by GODS grace she gona make it, yes she gona make it because she has a lot to pass to the future generations, yes she will recover and walk like the Gabrielle Giffords befor the incident.
    may God restore her strenth and those of the other victims

44. God will not forget what you did for his believers in Iran, and the Almight Lord protect you and I believe in His healing power.
    May God restore your strenth mrs Giffords.

45. JOÃO ALBERTO NOGUEIRA DE CASTRO says

Manifesto meu sincero desejo pela recuperação da saúde da Senhora Gabrielle Giffords. Certamente, ela nos surpreenderá com os progressos em sua rehabilitação.
    À sua família, amigos e a todos que a estimam, ofereço minha sincera solidariedade.

46. Vickie N-Michigan says

I prayed for a supernatural, God-recovery for you & heard a joyous update today on Family Life Radio, of you being alert and moving your legs. I praise God & give him glory for he still has great things for you to do, and because he is such a good God. Your entire family is in my thoughts and praises continue to God, as he is already answering my prayers for you! Hallelujah!

47. ANN in Stoke England says

Ipray for complete healing and also strength fo Mark

48. Anna Rodriguez says

My prayers for Congress Women Gifford her family and all victims familys

49. mickey mouse says

he only used a 9mm.magnum research makes a .50 cal

Trackbacks

1. […] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Juan Carlos Cortés, m woro. m woro said: rep Giffords NASA astronaut Kelly wedding photo/story http://sonoranalliance.com/2007/11/11/congresswoman-giffords-marries-spaceman/ NJ CNN […]