- Event began at 6pm at K O’Donnell’s in Scottsdale (patio area reserved for Breitbart Meetup)
- At roughly 6:45/7pm meetup began with AWR Hawkins speaking about the purpose of the group & 2nd amendment issues for about 10 minutes
- Mic was handed over to Brandon Darby of Breitbart TX who began speaking about immigration issues and connections between Mexican & US gangs smuggling meth across border for about 5-7 minutes
- While Darby was speaking and about to start Q & A, his mic was cut & tv volumes were simultaneously kicked on with the METS/CUBS game sound playing.
- ALLEGEDLY less than a handful of people complained about topics discussed at our Meetup to Management, & management allegedly told a Breitbart Rep that “You want to exercise your 2nd Amendment Right? Well I’m authorizing our 1st Amendment right and shutting this down.”
- Roughly 15 minutes later (730-7:45-ish) I noticed SDP on the scene, went outside and saw 4 SPD vehicles then a SPD helicopter was flying overhead with spotlight on our location and instructing attendees to ‘please disperse. head to your vehicles’.
- Word is that co-owner Jennifer O’Donnell came out to let us know we are not welcome & then kicked shut it down/kicked us out. Others say it was ‘management’, could not confirm who ultimately made the call
Although we cannot confirm at this point whether it was the owner or management who shut us down, it was crystal clear that the ownership affirmed the decision and doesn’t want to serve conservatives. We’re more than happy to oblige.
Breitbart reps confirmed that there will be another meeting announced and will update people via the Meetup page.
Sign up below for more info on the Breitbart MeetUp:
PICS OF THE EVENT/INCIDENT BELOW: