Speak Up to Protect Rights of Conscience

Speak Up to Protect Rights of Conscience 
The federal Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) has proposed a new rule under Obamacare that would force all private health insurance plans to cover contraceptive and sterilization services free of charge, including “contraceptives” that can act as abortifacients like the “morning-after pill.” The rule has a very narrow exception for churches and does not allow exceptions for other employers or organizations that have a moral or religious objection to paying for abortifacients. HHS is accepting comments about this rule through September 30, and our allies at Family Research Council Action have provided this Action Alert so you can speak up for the rights of conscience of millions of Americans. Please take action today!

 

Maricopa Community Colleges to Vote on “Gender Identity” Policy 
Next Tuesday, September 27, the Maricopa County Community College Board will hold a final vote on a proposal to add “gender identity” to the district’s non-discrimination policy.

The proposal would have a direct, negative impact on the classroom and college workplace by creating unnecessary distractions. Further, it would have a serious impact on the right of faculty, staff, and students to live by and freely express their sincerely held religious or moral beliefs. You can read my letter to the Board for more explanation of why this policy is such a bad idea.

Please contact your Community College Board Member below and politely tell them that you oppose the change and want to preserve religious freedom on our campuses:

Chandler, Gilbert, and Mesa –

Contact Mr. Doyle Burke, doyle.burke@domail.maricopa.edu

Scottsdale, East Mesa –

Contact Mr. Dana Saar, dana.saar@domail.maricopa.edu

Phoenix, Paradise Valley

Contact Mrs. Debra Pearson, debra.pearson@domail.maricopa.edu

Glendale, Peoria, Surprise –

Contact Mr. Randolph Elias Lumm, randolph.lumm@domail.maricopa.edu

South Phoenix, Goodyear 

Contact Dr. Donald Campbell, don.campbell@domail.maricopa.edu

 

Federal Legislation to Stop Gambling Expansion 
Last Friday, Arizona Congressman Trent Franks announced that he will introduce a new bill in Congress to stop gambling expansion in Arizona’s metropolitan areas, particularly the new casino proposed in Glendale by the Tohono O’odham tribe.

Gambling is bad for Arizona families and communities, and it costs far more socially and economically than any financial benefits. In fact, a new report from the Stop Predatory Gambling Foundation details how most of the casino owners, lobbyists, and government officials who most strongly promote gambling don’t gamble themselves and don’t want to live near gambling because they know how destructive and financially irresponsible it is.

Gambling is illegal in Arizona and is permitted on tribal lands only through special compacts signed in 2002. The Tohono O’odham tribe has proposed this new casino over 100 miles away from their original reservation, in the heart of a fast-growing West Valley urban area, across the street from a high school.

Congressman Franks’ legislation would stop this ill-advised casino by prohibiting Las Vegas-style gambling on land in Pinal, Pima, and Maricopa counties that is not part of the tribe’s original reservation. The bill is supported by Attorney General Tom Horne, Glendale Mayor Elaine Scruggs, Chairwoman Diane Enos of the Salt River Pima-Maricopa Indian Community, and dozens of other state, local, and tribal officials. Read the Gila Bend Indian Reservation Lands Replacement Clarification Act online.

 

Faith in Action Tour  
In case you missed the news, Center for Arizona Policy (CAP) is hosting a very special event on October 29 with Dr. Del Tackett, creator of The Truth Project. The goal is to help you discover how God can use you to impact our community, engage you with local organizations to explore specific opportunities to make a difference right where you live, and transform our community by putting God’s Word into action.

You won’t want to miss this rare opportunity to see Del speak live and connect with local ministries. Register now online or call 602.424.2525. Hope to see you there.

About Center for Arizona Policy

Comments

  1. True Conservative says:

    Cathi Herrod produces yeat another poorly written screed revealing herself as a fake conservative.

    No fewer than 410 colleges have similar policies and none have resulted in the dire “cats and dogs sleeping together” scenarios she describes. Further, both ASU and U of A have such policies.

    While it’s expected that bigotted people will try to hide behind lies and propaganda, what is inexcusable to me is when its done in the name of being a conservative.

    There is nothing conservative in endoring hate, prejudice or bullying. We are the party that freed the slaves and fought for civil rights against the sourther Democrats. A person dressed in drag may offend our senses. It be counter to our faith, but it does not threaten anything we endorse. It does not increase taxes, reduce employment or hinder education.

    It’s just fake conservativism, confusing how we manage our families with a desire to meddle in the lives of others.

    Support smaller government. Support keeping government out of our lives, our bedrooms and our families. Reject efforts to legitimize hate. Reject Christi (-with an ‘I’) Herrod.

  2. Cathy Herrod needs to know that Leftist trolls will rush to be the first poster and craft a first short sentence expressly to discredit the writer and the message.
    The Fraud True Conservative has made sure by the comment up there that all subsequant internet searches will carry the title, the first few lines of the article AND the first grotty COMMENT.
    Which as everyone can note for themselves is designed to make the author and comment look bad, expressly to influence internet surfers to avoid reading further.

    Dirty tricks used by Leftist to distort and undermine Conservative input into the public square.
    .
    One also wonders if the Fraud True Conservative knows Ms Herrod personally in some manner,because the comments are a bit too “b***chy” attack, and these aren’t the first gratuitous comments against Ms. Herrod herself. The SUBJECT is the point of discussion, not the person.
    What gives?

  3. What’s so hateful about refusing to go along with rigidly codifying “gender identity” ediquette? If someone is confused about their gender, then that’s THEIR personal confusion, as no one else is confused about it, and confusion always results in changing one’s mind numerous times. Why does 99.99% of the population have to be subjected to a run of emotional flip flops when the original situation was the best and most fair solution anyway?
    As IF “gender-challenged” people are the only ones in the big, unfair whole wide world who have problems and no one else does. Most people handle the injustices of the world themselves, without whinging they need “speech codes.”

    • True Conservative says:

      What is this “speech code” you are describing? Who are these confused people? Did you bother to read the amendment?

      The proposed school rule does not go after the trivial issues Ms. Herrod so disingenuisly claims. It’s about bullying, intimidation and discrimination – things conservatives traditionally have fought against.

      We are the first to fight back against bullies. We stood against the Sourthern Democrats when they opposed Civil Rights. We are the ones that belive a free America and a free market requires allowing people to thrive based on their individual merits, not some collective distrust or fear.

      I agree with Herrod’s group on many issues, but find HER intolerable when she resorts to false characterizations and when she departs from traditional conservative values — all to promote her extremist agenda.

      So what gives – I WANT MY CONSERVATIVE VALUES PROTECTED!

      • Conservative American says:

        Get off your sanctimonious high horse, TC. You wrote this:

        “True Conservative says:
        September 22, 2011 at 9:59 am”

        “Is that your message, like a sixth grader you declare that anyone who doesn’t share your man-crush for Pearce must be a faggot?”

        “Faggot” is the worst sort of slur against gay men that there is. Is that your idea of “Conservative values”? Why don’t you practice what you so loudly preach!

        I have read many articles by Cathi Herrod but I have never heard her use the derrogatory slur “faggot”
        as you have done.

        • True Conservative says:

          I was mocking you, numbskull. You’re the one screaming like a sixth-grader who uses slurs. I was just demonstrating what an ass you are.

          You’re too dumb to be a conservative. You’re either a liberal plant or a short-bus extremist.

          Returning to the topic at hand: when did the Republican party become the party of bigotry and exclusion? When did we care about anything other than being left alone to succeed or fail according to our own skill and initiative.

          I reject your hate and that of Ms. Herrod. You are not conservatives and do not represent conservative voters. Go back to mocking Ronald Reagan as just another dead guy, of accusing George Bush of being behind 9/11, of thinking Jews control the media and that Obama was born in Kenya. You’re not fooling anyone.

          • Conservative American says:

            “True Conservative says:
            September 22, 2011 at 9:59 am”

            “Is that your message, like a sixth grader you declare that anyone who doesn’t share your man-crush for Pearce must be a faggot?”

            Don’t try to explain away what you put in writing, telling us that it means something other than what it says! That is what you wrote, without any qualificaitons or explanations.

            Now that you have used one of the most derrogatory of all possible terms, you want to criticize Cathi Herrod who has never used such language. You want to get on your high horse and preach about “Conservative values”!

            You are a despicable phony!

          • True Conservative says:

            Con AM – just because you’re semi-literate doesn’t mean the rest of us are. That you were the target of my mocking is appearant, as is your phony conservative credentials.

            But thank you for your unabashed stupidity, because it reminds us why we conservatives too often look like fools. We allow nujobs like you to lock onto a clearly false claim and then run with it. We tolerated you too well when you launched your “Truther” and “Birther” claims.

            There is nothing phony about this – I want my party back. I want people who are true conservatives, who know what that word means. I reject nimrods like Con Am who think because the disagree with the left that they must be right. It’s just one extreme replacing another extreme.

            Let’s reclaim our traditional value and tell fakes like Herrod and Con Am to stop being pretenders to our good and Godly title as conservatives!

          • Conservative American says:

            “True Conservative says:
            September 22, 2011 at 9:59 am”

            “Is that your message, like a sixth grader you declare that anyone who doesn’t share your man-crush for Pearce must be a faggot?”

            Who is pretending? You wrote that statement with no qualifiers or explanations. You didn’t put quotes around the word. You did nothing to indicate that you did not intend to use that word as a derrogatory slur. Now, you would have us believe that you didn’t mean it. That you wrote is but it doesn’t mean what it says! Give us a break, TC!

            Show me where Cathi Herrod has used that slur or any other slur, ever, in her posts!

            You are full of garbage, TC. We see what you wrote. It is in the archives. Anyone can go back and see it for themselves.

            Do you take us to be fools? You put something in writing, in black and white, and now you’re trying to tell us that it doesn’t mean what it says!

            What else are you going to do that with? You’re going to write something and then, when you are called on it, you’re going to tell us, “Oh, I wrote it but I didn’t mean it. It doesn’t mean what it says.” Get real!

          • True Conservative says:

            Again, Con Am, your illiteracy is not my problem. It’s a poor life choice you made, so you deal with it.

            Now, how about you quit running scared and address my points: when did hate, intolerance, stupidity and mendacity become attributes of Conservatism?

            That all I see from Ms. Herrod on this issue. She deliberately conflated the proposed rule to make it a thought crime regulation; she was dishonest in her omission that more than 410 colleges have similar rules, including U of A and ASU; she displayed abject stupidity in her attempts to address the law regarding such policies and her attitude is one of marked intolerance and reflect an endorsement of bullying and discrimination.

            In contrast, I support traditional conservative values: let people compete in a open market where they can succeed or fail based on their individual skill and work ethic. Do not force them to fail because of collective (ie, marxist) opinion and fear. This rule does nothing to adversely affect employment, immigration, tax reform or debt reduction – so I don’t care.

            If a person dresses like the opposite gender but creates jobs for 100 hard working Americans, more power to them!

          • Conservative American says:

            Again, TC, your literacy is my problem. You are literate. You know what you are writing. You know the meaning of the words you use. But you would have us believe that when you used the word “faggot” that you didn’t intend it as a slur. Was that supposed to be a compliment?

            After doing that, you want to make judgements about Cathi Herrod. Excuse me, but I don’t think that you are in a position to make judgements about any one!

          • True Conservative says:

            Yes, I am literate. So as a literate person addressing a semi-literate one, please understand that you’re acting like an idiot.

            To the ordinary practicioner of the English language you were the one being mocked by the term, not homosexuals. It was used in a reply to your sixth-grade inspired tantrum in a previous post.

            Language is about context, and in this context we are left with the age old question: are you a liar or a fool?

            Quit ducking the issue. Quit trying to diffuse your inability to respond to substantive issues with half-truths.

            For once in your adult life, act as a Conservative, not a liberal. Demonstrate that you can think crtically and honestly.

            I dared you to do so once, now I double dare ya!

          • Conservative American says:

            You used the minority slur, “faggot”, in writing in your comments. Now you seek to avoid taking responsibility for what you wrote. How are you doing this? You are trying to tell us that it doesn’t mean what it means!

            You are literate. How is it, being so literate, that you didn’t explain what you claim was your intended meaning? How is it, being so very literate, that you were unable to find apporpriate language in which to express yourself? How is it, being so literate, that you didn’t, at minimum, put the term in quotes?

            Either you are literate and intentionally used a minority slur or you are illiterate and can be excused for ignorance. Which is it?

          • True Conservative says:

            I used it once, to mock you and your sixth-grade inspired tanturm, evoking the spirit and communcative intent of your previous posts.

            Specifically I was asking if that was the language you were conveying You’ve used it more than 25 times, and not always quoting me.

            And now you want to play political correct thought police? My, what a liberal you truly are.

            Who is the “despicable hypocrite?” You are, you big lunkhead.

          • Conservative American says:

            “True Conservative says:
            September 22, 2011 at 9:59 am”

            “Is that your message, like a sixth grader you declare that anyone who doesn’t share your man-crush for Pearce must be a faggot?”

            I just want to remind readers of what you actually wrote. “Man-crush”? “Faggot”? No slur there, ROFL!

  4. Shane,
    Sorry, as you have sadder things on your mind, but please alert Cathi Herrod that the Fraud True Conservative deliberately slimed her release and her personally by that first sentence comment. Do an internet search of that press release and see how the first sentence of the first comment appears along with the title and author. It’s been done numerous times on this blog by Democrats. They have no problem walking in the open commenting door, soiling the carpet, trashing your blog and then smearing it all over the internet. They can’t just leave it at simple disagreeing.

    It’s a Democrat dirty trick used expressly to undermine inconvenient information.
    Any Conservative, Republican or Libertarian contributor to this blog should always include a by-line as the first comment immediately after posting.

    • Conservative American says:

      Very interesting, wanumba. I wasn’t aware of that! Thank you for the heads up!

      • There was a preponderance of short, one line, derogatory drive by first comments, which caught my eye months ago. Did a search and voila! There was the dirty trick. If the insulting sentence is short, the whole thing is captured, so deliberate crafting for maximum effect is essential.

        • Conservative American says:

          You’re very sharp to pick up on that, wanumba! Way to go! 🙂

        • True Conservative says:

          You are a conspiracy theorist loon. Please, don’t call yourself a conservative. You’re not one. You may oppose the left, but that doesn’t make you part of the right.

          • Conservative American says:

            You used the term “faggot”. What does that make you?

          • True Conservative says:

            Someone who made the mistake of thinking you understood when you were being mocked. It’s frightening how limited your language skills are.

            Now, I’ve answered your childlike questions – care to answer mine? Go back and try again.

          • Conservative American says:

            My language skills are sufficient to know that the word “faggot” is a slur against a minority.

            So when you want to “mock” someone you use derrogatory terms for minority gorups? There is nothing else you can come up with, despite being so very literate, other than a foul and nasty term of contempt for a minority group of human beings? Is that your excuse?

            And while being so literate that you have no other recourse in your writing than to make use of a minority slur, you call those who don’t use such terms “illiterate”. I would much prefer to be illiterate than to engage in your kind of “literacy”.

            So get off your high horse about “Conservatism” and “my party” and criticizing Cathi Herrod. You have no moral ground to stand on regarding principles or judging others.

          • True Conservative says:

            I don’t need a moral ground to be critical of Herrod.

            I have the facts: she lied by ommission, conflated the language of the proposed regulation, was wrong as a matter of law and fact in her legal analysis and violated substantive conservative principles.

            As conservatives, we are the group that most protects freedom, most desires a competitive market and believe most strongly in individualism.

            Herrod has replaced the party that freed that slaves and championed civil rights (against the southern democrats) with one she self-styles into a whining group of bullying, intolerate, bedroom invading pretenders.

            There is no moralism there – just the hard truth, something, I continue to note, you have done nothing to argue against.

          • Conservative American says:

            TC wrote: “I don’t need a moral ground to be critical of Herrod.” That is a very telling insight into you, TC. Now I’m beginning to perceive the root of your problem.

            For you, there are two classes of people; “ordinary” people and “special” people. You consider yourself to be one of the “special” people. By virtue of your intelligence and literacy, you consider yourself to not be bound by the standards of “ordinary” people. What are the results of this?

            When an ordinary persson uses the term “faggot”, it is a slur upon a minority. When you use the term “faggot” is is not a slur upon an minority, rather, it is what you deem it to be. You are the elite, the privileged.

            If follows, then, that feel that you don’t need to be on moral high ground to critiicize Cathi Herrod. You are far above such mundane considerations as morals. You are the umbermench. What you are manifesting, TC, are called “ideas of entitlement”.

            The fact remains, however, that you wrote the minority slur “faggot” in your post. You offered no explanation. no qualification and, with all of your “literacy” you didn’t even put the word in quotes. Now you are telling us that when you use the derrogatory slur “faggot” that it doesn’t have the same meaning as when “ordinary” people use it. Since you are special, privileged and elite, the term means what you tell us it means. If you say that it is not a slur, that is not offensive, then it has to be so because you, the “Special One”, have deemed it to be so.

            Get some professional help, TC.

          • True Conservative says:

            You, Con Man, are a loon.

            I don’t need a moral high ground because I am an American and my opinion matters. My voice matters and I don’t have to vet my right to free expressions with some central committee of favored “statesmen.”

            You post is one of projection – and good humor for anyone with an IQ over 100.

          • Conservative American says:

            “True Conservative says:
            September 22, 2011 at 9:59 am”

            “Is that your message, like a sixth grader you declare that anyone who doesn’t share your man-crush for Pearce must be a faggot?”

            And your post above is one of what? Gee, looks like a slur on a minority group to me!

        • True Conservative says:

          “Drive by comments” what they hell does that mean?

          I laid out my arguments for why she does not represent the Conservative political philosophy that I know and love.

          What I note is that not a single one of you, while complaining about my comments, had the courage to challenge my assertions. You resorted to name calling and diversionary tactics.

          Explain to me, please, why Ms. Herrod’s position on this school regulation is reflective of true Conservative politics! I dare ya!

          • Conservative American says:

            Explain to me why your use of the term “faggot” is reflective of true Conservative politics. I dare ‘ya!

          • True Conservative says:

            It’s not. I used it to mock your sixth-grade inspired temper-tanturm. Like a good wingnut, you’ve deployed lies to make it sound like something else.

            That’s your thing, not mine.

          • Conservative American says:

            Lies? Is this or is this not an exact quote of what you wrote:

            “True Conservative says:”

            “September 22, 2011 at 9:59 am”

            “Is that your message, like a sixth grader you declare that anyone who doesn’t share your man-crush for Pearce must be a faggot?”

            That’s not a “lie”, that is an exact quote of your comment.

            Now, did you or did you not use the word “faggot”? True or false? Truth of fiction? Yes or no?

            You did. You chose to use the term “faggot” in writing.

            Did you qualify your use of the term in any way? No, you did not. Did you explain your use of the term in any manner? No, you did not. Did you even, with all of your “literacy” put the term in quotation marks? No, you did not. You simply put it out there.

            Now you are trying to tell us that it doesn’t mean what it says. That simply isn’t credible. With all of your “literacy” do you really think we are going to believe that you couldn’t have found another, non-offensive way of expressing yourself? You chose to express yourself that way. You chose to use that slur against a minority group of human beings. Now that you have been called on it, you are trying to explain it away. You can’t.

          • True Conservative says:

            I used it once, based on previous gay-bashing rants, asking if that was your commmunicative intent.

            You’ve now used it some 50 times, and not just when discussing my one quote.

            I know you think you have something here, so you stalk me like the village idiot, but i want you to keep on posting … it tells people more about you than me.

            You’re a joke and a fool and but for the fact that you lie about being a conservative, I find you amusing. Remember to take time to write about your true passion projects, the good Truether and Birther that you are.

          • True Conservative says:

            The serial prevaricator Con Man wrote: “Did you qualify your use of the term in any way? No, you did not.”

            True Conservative wrote: “Is that your message …”

            Con Man, that is what is known as a qualifier. You’re a fool.

            LOL

          • Conservative American says:

            “True Conservative says:
            September 22, 2011 at 9:59 am”

            “Is that your message, like a sixth grader you declare that anyone who doesn’t share your man-crush for Pearce must be a faggot?”

            Qualifier? Used it once? Oh, I see, that makes it not count.

    • True Conservative says:

      In other words – you fear the open and free exchange of ideas so you want to game the system? Hypocrite.

      When did fear and lunacy become a conservative value?

      I WANT MY PARTY BACK!

      • Conservative American says:

        In other words, you use terms like “faggot” to game the system. Hypocrite!

        When did comtempt become a Conservative value!

        • True Conservative says:

          I appreciate your concession that you indeed have a simple mind.

          I used the offending word in a manner that mocked you, not homosexuals. You need to have a working knowledge of English language to grasp this – sadly your simple mind does not.

          That, or you’re just a liar. Which is it, Con-man? Are you a liar or a fool?

          • Conservative American says:

            No, you used the word “faggot” without any qualification or explanation whatsoever. Your use of the term shows contempt and disdain for human beings of a minority group.

            Do you think we believe that, being as literate as you are, that you simply could not find words with which to express yourself that did not include a minority slur? Would you have us believe, being literate as you are, that your vocabulary is so very limited that you could not have come up an appropriate, non-offensive way to express yourself?

            You call yourself “literate” and you want to pontificate about Conservative values and Cathi Herrod’s writing while at the same time engaging in the use of a slur against a minority group.
            You have no moral high ground on which to stand and preach.

    • True Conservative says:

      And, FWIW, I agree with her position on the Rights of Conscience.

      What simple minds can not understand is that people can agree and disagree based on the topic and logic given in each particular discussion.

      Black and white follow the leader is a the sport of the simple and the slow.

      • Conservative American says:

        What simple minds don’t understand is how you think you can use the term “faggot” and then criticize others!

    • Wow, you’re actually serious about this.

      I always wondered why you did your little post/reply thing when you put up your posts, and now I know. And the explanation is even sadder than I thought it was.

      Paranoia is a mental illness, wanumba. It could be a sign of incipient schizophrenia. It is hereditary, you know. Or maybe it’s just years of exposure to malathion.

      Either way, seek professional help. Because if you actually think there’s a conspiracy of progressive bloggers out there who are just waiting to do firsties on an SA post so that… I don’t even know exactly what you think it’s supposed to do. Probably because I’m not out of my f***ing tree.

  5. True Conservative says:

    And finally – YOU GOT IT WRONG!

    Googling the press release does not show the first comment.

    Geez, try to have some class …

    • Conservative American says:

      And finally – YOU GOT IT WRONG!

      You can’t use the term “faggot” and walk away from it.

      Try to have some class…

      • True Conservative says:

        Con Am – all you are doing is proving my point. You’re an intellectual coward who can’t hang with me in a substantive argument so you resort to half-truths and distractions.

        This is why you are not a conservative. You can’t survive in a free market of ideas and you can’t stand on your own.

        Man-up. Attack my positions and arguments using logic and counter-argument. Demonstrate that you can do more than mindlessly repeat what others tell you.

        Didn’t you learn your lesson from all those mistakes in the past? You were a truther, then a birther, and you still blame the Jews for the media and banking scandle.

        We see through you. No conservative would do as you have, mocking Reagan as just another dead guy. No conservative would be so base and vile as to repeatedly lie about what another has said. You do all these things.

        You are no conservative.

        • Conservative American says:

          I am an intellectual coward, am I? Thank goodness we have your example of courage in avoiding taking responsibility for the use of a slur of contempt for a minority group!

          You dance around it. You try to explain it away. You say that we misunderstand what you put in writing. The whole problem is that we are “illiterate” and “intellectual cowards”. There is no problem at all with you. The problem is with other people. Yet we didn’t use the minority slur, “faggot”. You did.

          You are such a psychopathic liar and distorter of truth that you attempt to rationalize away what you put in writing for everyone to see. You didn’t use a minority slur, you were merely mocking me!

          Your approach to dealing with facts is classic for the Liberal left. If you tell a big enough lie and repeat it often enough, people may believe it! Guess what. It didn’t work this time!

          No matter what you say and how you try to interpret red as yellow and yellow as red, we can see for ourselves what you put in writing. You can’t rationalize that away not matter how hard you try and your attempts to rationalize it away simply reveal to people more and more how distorted your thinking really is.

          • True Conservative says:

            Nice name calling. Now, when are you going to answer the substantive issues?

          • Conservative American says:

            You are concerned about “name-calling”? Give me a break! Here is what you wrote:

            “True Conservative says:”

            “September 22, 2011 at 9:59 am”

            “Is that your message, like a sixth grader you declare that anyone who doesn’t share your man-crush for Pearce must be a faggot?”

            You use the derrogatory, offensive, minority slur, “faggot”, and now you are going to try to get on your sanctimonious high horse and whine about “name-calling”? I’ve seen some hypocrites in my day but you take the cake!

          • True Conservative says:

            You’re illiterate. Even the small quote your grab demonstrates you were the one being mocked.

            But hey, maybe what I intended and what you read are not the same.

            Now, can you finally man up and address the substantive issues of why we should give any credence to Herrod?

            She lied. She got it wrong on the facts. She got it wrong on the law. And she makes conservatives look bad through her endorsement of bullying, intimidation and discrimination.

            I have to ask: has there ever been a time in your life when you weren’t afraid of an honest and open debate? You’re no conservative – you’re just as bad as the sniveling liberals.

          • Conservative American says:

            “True Conservative says:”

            “September 22, 2011 at 9:59 am”

            “Is that your message, like a sixth grader you declare that anyone who doesn’t share your man-crush for Pearce must be a faggot?”

            You used the word “faggot”, a nasty, derrogatory slur against gay men. You used it without qualification. Now you want to tell us that the manner in which you used it makes it entirely acceptable and completely non-offensive. It doesn’t. It is still a nasty, derrogatory slur against a minority, no matter how you try to explain it away.

            You keep telling me that I am illiterate. I’m not so illiterate that I don’t know the meaning and intent of “faggot”. You, on the other hand, are supposed to be literate and highly intelligent. How is it that such a literate and highly intelligent person could not find a way of expressing himself without using a derrogatory slur? That simply is not at all credible.

            Rather than owning up to what you did, you have made countless posts attempting to defend it and excuse it. You still are.

            No matter how you dance, you can’t get around the fact that you, an intelligent and literate person, conciously chose to use the term “faggot” without any explanation, clarification or even the use of quotation marks. You had thousands of ways in which you could have mocked me but out of all of those possibilites you just happened to feel the need to use a nasty, derrogatory, minority slur. Get real!

    • It would be better if other readers not take your dishonest word on this and prove to themselves. I run the search and it’s all there in black and white.

      Dirty trick and you deliberately used it.

      • True Conservative says:

        What search are you running? I honestly can’t get the results you claim, but am open to learning, as is any true conservative.

        “Dirty trick and deliberate…” You’re just a loon. You don’t like a free market exchange of ideas. You are no conservative. We don’t need birthers and truthers in our movement.

        • Not to worry. A number of readers are already checking it, in correct scientific rigor, not taking anyone’s word for it.
          Hmmm Hmm. You won’t look too good, and every lying protest you put up just enhances the evidence of your slithery duplicity.

          • True Conservative says:

            Well, if it can be proven, then why not give me the search you used?

            Until you demonstrate your claim is true, I’ll just attribute this as yet another lie coming from a faux conservative loon.

          • Conservative American says:

            Hey, wanumba, welcome to the club! Now, according to TC, there are at least two “faux conservative loons” around here, ROFL!!! Gee, our ranks are growing, LOL!

          • True Conservative says:

            The silence from Waaaaa-numba is deafening.

            This why we need to take our party back from the Truethers, the Birthers and the “Jews run the Media” wingnuts.

            We’re the big tent party, not the big tinfoil hat one.

  6. True Conservative says:
    September 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm
    The silence from Waaaaa-numba is deafening.

    This why we need to take our party back from the Truethers, the Birthers and the “Jews run the Media” wingnuts.
    ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

    All that whining and sniveling because you can’t find stuff without my help on the internet? Seriously?
    How dumb are you? eerrr… How OLD are you? Oh, ,wait! You have a vested interest in NOT displaying your sleazy dirty trick that you used against Cathi Herrod.

    • True Conservative says:

      If it were a dirty trick I wouldn’t be begging, absolutely begging you to lay out how to reveal it.

      You made the allegation, but refuse to support your claim. You may blindly accept everything someone tells you, but as a true conservative, I’m a bit like Missouri – Show Me!

      So, can please lay out the use case that causes the search results you complain about?

      If you don’t, do you really think anyone can or should trust you?

      • Conservative American says:

        “Trust”, LOL! TC talking about “trust”! What a joke!

        You use the nasty, derrogatory, minority slur, “faggot”, and then you make countless posts attempting to defend what you wrote as entirely acceptable and non-offensive. Oh yeah, we trust you alright. We trust you to swear up and down that what you write really means something entirely different than than what it says.

        • I’m neither defending or condeming his use of the slur earlier, but do you really think it is not possible to say one thing in the use of satire or criticism.

          Because, you know, you might want to send your strongly worded response to Mark Twain, Langston Hughes, Hunter S. Thompson, Harper Lee, Jello Biafra, Aaron McGruder, Chuck D, etc. etc. etc. etc. etc.

          Of course, I know many conservatives are stuck in the intellectual adolescen of “A is A” Randism and suffer from tha particular handicap.

          Which is why, of course, progressives win the culture wars, so I’m not complaining. Just an observation.

          • Conservative American says:

            Why are you not condemning it? What is your rationale for failing to condemn it?

            Sure, you can say one thing in the use of satire or criticism, but not a nasty, derrogatory slur against a minority! Are you trying to tell us that TC had absolutely no choices other than to use such language in his “satire or criticism”? Is he so lacking in intelligence, so illiterate that he could not possibly have come up with something non-offensive to a minority group? Of course he could have and he could have achieved his “satire or criticism” without that.

          • “Of course he could have and he could have achieved his “satire or criticism” without that.”

            So could have Twain in “The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn”.

            So could have Jello Biafra in “Holiday in Cambodia”.

            So could have Harper Lee in “To Kill a Mockingbird”.

            Words are chosen for a reason. I wouldn’t have chosen the word myself (my own personal policy when writing is to never use a slur I can’t apply to myself), but unlike you, I’m trying to find a desperate angle to criticize an opponent, trying to drown them in crap because my actual point is indefensible.

            I’m more concerned about policies that affect a minority group, and who is trying to diminish them with actions, not words.

          • Conservative American says:

            ROFL! What a bunch of tripe!

            I don’t give a rat’s patootie what Twain, Biafra and Lee have done. I’m addressing what TC has done. Nice try though!

            You’re more than welcome to be more concerned about policies. I’m concerned both about policies AND about minority group slurs. Some of us can be conerned about more than one thing at a time. Imagine that!

        • True Conservative says:

          Aww, this is really so very cute. You’re all blue in the face and panting so much.

          Grow-up, dear boy. You’ve used the word you claim to hate so many, many times, whereas I used it once, and only then to mock you and your sixth-grade inspired temper tantrum.

          You must be a liberal plant, no conservative can be as dumb as you.

          • Conservative American says:

            That blue face and panting is you in the mirror. You really should clean that thing so that you can see more clearly, LOL!

            ROFL! You are such an infant. “You used the word more than I did”. Get real, Meathead and stop acting like you’re two years old. You admit that you used the word to mock. Goly gee, a slur used to mock! What a rare thing! The reason people use slurs is to mock, or is that news to you. If you don’t know the meaning and use of a word, you shouldn’t use it, Miss TC.

            Well, we know that you aren’t a Liberal plant. You’re just a plain left wing Liberal, LOL! Now go wash your “Obama in 2012 T-Shirt so that your Mom doesn’t give you demerits.

      • TC,

        He can’t support his claim, any more than he can support any of the other puffery that he puts up.

        He’s a paranoid, reactionary hack who uses circular logic to support his belief structure. It is a solidly built structure, make no mistake, but it is built on nothing but his only carefully constructed delusions, and when it eventually comes crashing down, it will absolutely devastate him.

      • Maybe it’s far more amusing to see you begging.

        • True Conservative says:

          Only because you’re too slow to know when you are being proven a fool.

          The ignorant are often happy, so I will leave you to your amusements.

  7. Conservative American says:

    “True Conservative says:”

    “September 25, 2011 at 3:36 pm”

    “We’re the big tent party, not the big tinfoil hat one.”

    Is that so! “Big tent”, eh? Here’s how big your tent is:

    “True Conservative says:”

    “September 22, 2011 at 9:59 am”

    “Is that your message, like a sixth grader you declare that anyone who doesn’t share your man-crush for Pearce must be a faggot?”

    Your tent is SO big that gay men are “faggots”. They’re welcome into the “big tent” just as long as they don’t complain about you using the derrogatory minority slur, “faggot”. If they find that offensive, they are mistaken. It’s just that they don’t understand you and how very intelligent and literate you are.

    I can see you welcoming people into your “big tent”. “Hi, faggots, come on in!”

    • As if you cared about what GLBT people think. Just more pawns in your little rhetorical war.

      • Conservative American says:

        Oh, I see. You are the expert on what I care about and don’t care about. Who would know better than you what I care about? Speak for yourself as that is the only person for whom you can speak, unless you are claiming to be God who is omniscient.

        How arrogant you are, Klute, seeking to speak for others!

        • “You are the expert on what I care about and don’t care about.”

          Then, since the slur bothers you so much, declare your solidarity before us all to the GLBT community, and the issues that matter to them.

          1. Gays and Lesbians should be granted the same right to be married, not civil unions, not domestic partnerships, but that the state will recognize any marriage performed by a religious organization that chooses to do so.

          2. That the state will recognize privledges granted to heterosexual to homosexual marriages.

          3. That GLBT couples be granted the same right to adopt children that heterosexual couples do.

          4. That you will never support a candidate who will try to re-implement DADT or any other policy that discriminates against homosexuals serving our country in the armed forces.

          5. That laws be adjusted to protect the GLBT community as racial, ethnic, and religious classes are protected.

          I’ll state right here and now that I support all these things, publicly and without equivocation. These are the things that matter to the GLBT community.

          Will you do the same, Conservative American?

          Or will you just use your pretend indignation to bludgeon True Conservative more?

          Arrogant, maybe. Ability to spot a fraud, definately.

        • True Conservative says:

          It’s not arrogance he’s displaying, it’s common sense.

          He looked at the quote, realized you were playing sophistry with the rhetoric and called you out for it. You know I used the term to mock you, perhaps unadvisedly, and now you’re doing exactly what true conservatives hate: lying to make a point while hiding from true argument.

          Further, it is with a modest chuckle that I see you claim to know that I think all gay men are faggots (your words, not mine) but then get outraged like a schoolgirl when someone claims to know what you think,

          Now, I’ve explained to you what I intended with my use of the word – to mock you for your sixth-grade inspired temper tantrum, a tantrum you continue to make.

          Now, be a good lad and grow a pair, or at least enough of a pair to answer my questions regarding the Herrod.

          • Conservative American says:

            You wrote this:

            “True Conservative says:”

            “September 22, 2011 at 9:59 am”

            “Is that your message, like a sixth grader you declare that anyone who doesn’t share your man-crush for Pearce must be a faggot?”

            Playing sophistry with the “rhetoric”? You used the slur “faggot”. There is no getting around that no matter what you do. You didn’t have to use it, you chose to use it.

            TC wrote: “Further, it is with a modest chuckle that I see you claim to know that I think all gay men are faggots…” My words? Really? Quote me! Where did I say that you think all gay men are “faggots”? Just another lie out of your mouth.

            TC wrote: “Now, I’ve explained to you what I intended with my use of the word – to mock you for your sixth-grade inspired temper tantrum, a tantrum you continue to make.” It doesn’t matter what you’ve explained. You used a nasty, derrogatory slur against a minority. Period, end of story. And you continue to attempt to defend the indefensible. You continue to dance around trying to make excuses for yourself. There are no excuses.

            Now, be a good lad and grow a pair, or at least enough of a pair to admit that you used a nasty slur when there was absolutely no excuse for doing so. In everything you’ve posted, you have failed to take responsiblity for what you wrote. What a man!

          • True Conservative says:

            I did not mock any minority, I captured, quite accurately, the spirit of your previous posts. I was mocking you.

            I used the phrase once, you’ve used it more than 25 times. Why do you refuse to take responsibility for your words?

            You’re either a semi-literate fool or an abject liar.

            Now, if your done running away from the real issues, can we return to the real topic: the patently un-conservative acts of Cathi (“with an ‘i’ “) Herrod?

          • True Conservative says:

            The decidely liberal, PC police Con Am wrote: Your tent is SO big that gay men are “faggots”.

            Later he whined: “My words? Really? Quote me! Where did I say that you think all gay men are “faggots”? Just another lie out of your mouth.”

            uh-huh.

            Your poor literacy, Con Am, is reflective of your poor life decisions. We are conservatives here, and we don’t need your “it ain’t my fault” mentality.

          • Conservative American says:

            You used a minority slur. You used it in a mocking manner. That’s exactly how minority slurs are used. When are you going to get around to the “N” word and other slurs, Libtard, LOL!

          • Conservative American says:

            TC wrote: Later he whined: “My words? Really? Quote me! Where did I say that you think all gay men are “faggots”? Just another lie out of your mouth.”

            ROFL! So, where did I say that I think that all gay men are faggots, LIbtard!

        • Conservative American says:

          1 – LGBT people do not and should not have the national constitutional “right” to marry unless and until the SCOTUS rules that they do. I oppose homosexual “marriage”. I’ll work to see that it doesn’t happen but if SCOTUS rules that it is a right then I will accept that and abide by it.

          2 – Where homosexual “marriage” is currently legal, those “marriages” should have the same privileges as heterosexual marriages.

          3 – LGBT couples should not be granted the same right to adopt children that heterosexual couples do.

          4 – I will not use DADT as a litmus test for a candidate because I may have to take the bad with the good. However, if a person can serve and risk their life in the service of their country their sexual orientation shouldn’t matter and they should not have to conceal it.

          5 – LGBT people should have the same protections as do other people. They should be proctected from violence equally with everyone else. They should be able to work where they choose. They should be able to live where they choose. Any discrimination in those regards should not be tolerated and if new laws are required to bring that about then there need to be new laws.

          I will state right here and now that those are my positions, publicly and without equivocation.

          Klute wrote: “Or will you just use your pretend indignation to bludgeon True Conservative more?” Well let me ask you this, Klute. Why do you hate black people and Jewish people so much?

          • “I will state right here and now that those are my positions, publicly and without equivocation.”

            So, for the most part, you are opposed to treating your fellow GLBT American citizens with the same rights that you currently enjoy. Got it. But you’re opposed to use of the F-word! Truly you are the heir to John Brown and MLK.

            I will say this though, at least you own your own discriminatory beliefs.

            “Well let me ask you this, Klute. Why do you hate black people and Jewish people so much?”

            Because they won’t stop me from beating my wife. Also, I loathe 50% of my family history.

          • Conservative American says:

            “Because they won’t stop me from beating my wife. Also, I loathe 50% of my family history.” ROFL!!! Okay, Klute, that is a very good and genuinely humorous answer! 🙂

            Klute wrote: “So, for the most part, you are opposed to treating your fellow GLBT American citizens with the same rights that you currently enjoy.” Nice try, Klute, but no cigar.

            Gay “marriage” has not been established as a “right” under the Constitution as gays claim it is. If it is established as a constitutional right by SCOTUS I will abide by that even though I don’t agree with it, just as I abide by all of the other rulings of SCOTUS with which I do not agree. So if it is, in fact, “the same rights that I currently enjoy” under the Constitution, I will abide by it. One side or the other is eventually going to prevail before the SCOTUS and that will be that.

            Klute wrote: “But you’re opposed to use of the F-word!” Yes, very much so just as I am opposed to the use of the “N” word and all other slurs. We can disagree but it is not acceptable to slime someone in that way because of the color of their skin or because of their sexual orientation.

            Might I point out that the old comedian, Jerry Lewis, who hosted the MDA telethon for decades, is hosting it no more. Why? Because he used the word “faggot” live, on the air during his last telethon. Lewis apologized and denied prejudice and still he is gone. Despite my views or anyone’s views on the issues you listed, it still is not okay to use that sort of language. Any shortcomings you may feel that I have are not a justification for TC to use that term with impunity.

          • “Gay “marriage” has not been established as a “right” under the Constitution as gays claim it is.”

            Ah, but that’s not the question I asked. I asked:

            “Gays and Lesbians should be granted the same right to be married, not civil unions, not domestic partnerships, ***but that the state will recognize any marriage performed by a religious organization that chooses to do so***.

            So, if the Lutheran Church, Unitarian, Reform Temple, Sufi Mosque, etc. choose to recognize a marriage, then the state CANNOT tell that Church that those people aren’t married – except that our laws are currently set up to do so, to deny both the religious organization and the individual their rights.

            Now, if you want to change it so that the state has no say in marriage, straight or gay, I’ve got no problem with that – then it’s civil unions for everybody, and the religious organizations decide who’s married and who’s not.

            “I abide by all of the other rulings of SCOTUS with which I do not agree.”

            There are a lot of laws that the SCOTUS has passed that I haven’t agreed with that I would have hoped I would have had the courage to not abide with… Dred Scott, the Chinese Exclusion Act, etc. There’s right and wrong. I don’t need a SCOTUS decision to tell me the way the wind should blow.

            “We can disagree but it is not acceptable to slime someone in that way because of the color of their skin or because of their sexual orientation.”

            Except that’s not what True Conservative did. For a contemporary example, The Dead Kennedys “Holiday in Cambodia”, lyrics by Jello Biafra:

            “Play ethnic jazz
            To parade your snazz
            On your five grand stereo
            Braggin’ that you know
            How the n*****s feel cold
            And the slums got so much soul”

            Biafra isn’t using the racist slur to say “Hey, I think blacks are inferior to the white man”, he’s using it to tear down some white liberal douche who thinks he knows the plight of the urban poor because he listens to jazz while living a cushy existence AND drops slurs.

            Again, I’d work around it, by that was the punk aesthetic (and the fact I’m calling it “the punk aesthetic” just shows exactly how much I’ve sold out) of the time. And anyone who looks at the totality of Jello Biafra’s work is no way going to say he’s a racist.

            “Might I point out that the old comedian, Jerry Lewis, who hosted the MDA telethon for decades, is hosting it no more. Why? Because he used the word “faggot” live, on the air during his last telethon.”

            Nope. I know the incident you’re referring to (the cameraman thing)… Happened in 2007. Jerry Lewis hosted until this year.

            “ROFL!!! Okay, Klute, that is a very good and genuinely humorous answer!”

            Glad you enjoyed it. 🙂 And, obviously we disagree on these things, but using Steve Calabrese, there’s no reason we can’t respect each other even if we don’t agree on the issues. Because liberals and conservatives will never be rid of each other, so we’d better learn to not want to kill each other on sight.

          • True Conservative says:

            The libetard Con Am wrote: “Any shortcomings you may feel that I have are not a justification for TC to use that term with impunity.”

            TC used it once, to mock Con Am, and Con Am then used it more than twenty times.

            Hypocricy much? Such a libtard …

          • True Conservative says:

            The funniest part of all this, at the end of the day, Con Am agrees that Herrod has it wrong.

            S/he wrote: “LGBT people should have the same protections as do other people. They should be proctected from violence equally with everyone else. They should be able to work where they choose. They should be able to live where they choose. Any discrimination in those regards should not be tolerated and if new laws are required to bring that about then there need to be new laws.”

            So what was all that gnashing of teeth about?

            How very sad it must be to live the Con Am life …

          • Conservative American says:

            @ Klute:

            Klute wrote: “So, if the Lutheran Church, Unitarian, Reform Temple, Sufi Mosque, etc. choose to recognize a marriage, then the state CANNOT tell that Church that those people aren’t married – except that our laws are currently set up to do so, to deny both the religious organization and the individual their rights.”

            Not so fast, Klute. First, you keep using the term “rights”. “Rights” according to whom? Because you claim a right doesn’t make it a right. Rights are granted and specified under the law.

            Secondly, what do you mean by “married”? I’ve known people who exchanged cigar rings and considered themselves married. The issue is what is legally recognized and what specific legal rights spring from that. I don’t care if people want to consider themselves married. That’s their business. But the national issue over homosexual “marriage” has to do with legal recognition and rights. If you don’t care about those things, then what is the issue?

            Klute wrote: “Now, if you want to change it so that the state has no say in marriage, straight or gay, I’ve got no problem with that – then it’s civil unions for everybody, and the religious organizations decide who’s married and who’s not.” I don’t want to change it. There are benefits which accrue to married couples from “the state”. Those are beneficial and I would like to seem them retained.

            Klute wrote: ” I don’t need a SCOTUS decision to tell me the way the wind should blow.” Yeah, you do. Why? Because that is how our country is set up. If you don’t like the way our country is set up you can try to change it or you can go elsewhere. You can also refuse to follow the law but the law will still remain, will still be enforced and the consequences will still be there.

            The point about Biafra has what to do with the issues at hand?

            Nope, Jerry Lewis did do it in 2007 but he did it again the next year too. So, we’re both apparently wrong on that point. Check it out for yourself.

            Sorry, I have no respect at all for TC. And that’s the name of that tune!

          • Conservative American says:

            @ TC:

            Get real! If you were using the term to mock me then, by your own admission, you were using it mockingly. Has it dawned in you pea brain that the reason people use slurs is precisely to mock?

            The issue is that you used a slur against a minority and then want to criticize Cathi Herrod. You have no moral ground to criticize anyone. First fix your own major flaw and then address what you see as the flaws of others.

            You still have failed to take any responsibility for using a slur against a minority group. Taking responsibility is obviously something foreign to you as it is to all left wing Liberals. Furthermore, all of your comments, excuses, rationalizations and dancing around are merely an attempt to obfuscate. You said what you said and nothing you do or say is going to change that.

            Please, TC, continue defending your action because the more you try to defend it the more you reveal what your really are. It’s good for people to see what left wing Liberals are really made of. Come on, tell us again how you justify the use of a slur. I just love hearing your stories, LOL!

          • True Conservative says:

            Con Am – get a life. I haven’t danced away from anything.

            In contrast, your have yet to make a substantive response to the issues at hand.

            You lack the intellectual capacity to respond with fact or cogent argument so you go down this bizzare path of obsfucation and diversion.

            You’re simply a loon, and a semi-literate one at that. Go away little child, true conservatives have work to do.

          • True Conservative says:

            And, Con Am – when did conservatives become PC mind police?

            LOL – not only are you too stupid to see when you’re being mocked, but you also reveal who you truly are: a liberal troll trying to formet dissent.

          • Conservative American says:

            Well, TC, I became the PC mind police when you tried passing yourself off as a Conservative and giving Conservatives a bad name.

            Hey, stupid, has it not dawned on you that the preicse purpose of a slur is to mock? You were doing it just like all libtards do, LOL!

          • Conservative American says:

            I have a life, TC. It just isn’t the life of a single-celled, left wing Libtard like you, LOL!

          • True Conservative says:

            A) SLUR: An insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation.

            B) MOCK: Not authentic or real, but without the intention to deceive.

            A B

            Con Am, you are the gift that keeps on giving. You’re so dumb it should be crime to bitch-slap you the way I have.

            The sentence was mockingly attributed to you, based on the sentiment you used in so many, many post before, and was prescient of so many, many posts of your to come.

            I won’t ask whether you will finally address the simple fact that Herrod is a false conservative – I know you don’t have it in you.

          • Conservative American says:

            ROFL! I just LOVE it, TC! 🙂

            Keep coming, Libtard, keep coming, LOL!

            Here’s what you wrote:

            “True Conservative says:
            September 22, 2011 at 9:59 am
            Is that your message, like a sixth grader you declare that anyone who doesn’t share your man-crush for Pearce must be a faggot?”

            Here is your latest attempt to defend what you wrote:

            “True Conservative says:
            September 26, 2011 at 8:55 pm”

            “A) SLUR: An insinuation or allegation about someone that is likely to insult them or damage their reputation.”

            “B) MOCK: Not authentic or real, but without the intention to deceive.”

            BEAUTIFUL, TC! I can’t add a thing to that, LOL!

            So your defense of using the derrogatory slur against a minority group, “faggot”, rests in the respective definitions of “slur” versus “mock”! ROFL!!!!! What’s next?

            TC wrote: “You’re so dumb it should be crime to bitch-slap you the way I have.” Really? Funny, I don’t recall our ever having met face to face, let alone getting “bitch-slapped” by you.
            Apparently you think that “bitch-slapping” someone means words posted on the internet. It figures that a mouthy little twit like you would think that.

            Hey, TC, let me save you some time and give you your next definition defense of what you wrote:

            “Faggots are a traditional dish in the UK, especially South and Mid Wales and the Midlands of England. It is made from meat off-cuts and offal, especially pork. A faggot is traditionally made from pig’s heart, liver and fatty belly meat or bacon minced together, with herbs added for flavouring and sometimes bread crumbs.”

            There, all fixed up for you, TC! You were just referring to a traditional dish in the UK. Right?

Speak Your Mind