And we thought the rollout of ObamaCare was bad…
This is probably the worst headline we’ve ever seen for a candidate’s campaign rollout.
Here’s the headline from the Arizona Daily Star:
And here’s the accompanying article:
Barber says he’s running in 2014 after hesitation
Congressman Ron Barber says he will run for a second term representing Arizona’s 2nd Congressional District after saying last week that he was still uncertain.
Barber released a statement Wednesday saying he’s been focused on representing his district and not on seeking another term. But Barber says he wants to make it clear he’s running and is “putting everything in place to win.”
Barber told the Arizona Capital Times on Saturday that he needed to speak with his family before making a formal decision on a re-election bid. He has already filed paperwork with federal officials and is raising campaign cash.
Barber is one of three freshmen Arizona Democrats targeted by Republicans next year. His district includes much of Tucson as well as other parts of southeastern Arizona.
Clearly, Congressman Barber is worried about his reelection and has reluctantly agreed to stay in the race.
NRCC Spokesman Daniel Scarpinato commented, “This is not leadership. Congressman Barber had second thoughts about running for reelection because he knows that Southern Arizonans see him as part of the problem in Washington and are upset about his support for ObamaCare. Congressman Barber’s reluctance to stay in this race is just more evidence that Southern Arizonans aren’t getting the representation they deserve.”