This special message was sent out from the Office of Governor Doug Ducey today:
Who says you can’t make government work?
We just did it here with the most far-reaching, high-impact education funding bill in our state’s history. News like this is too good not to share, so spread the word by forwarding this message along!
We’ve just passed, signed, and are ready to go with a bill that:
- Puts $3.5 billion into education to dramatically improve our schools.
- Increases per-student funding to $3,600 each year and gives educators the resources they’ve been asking for.
- Doesn’t raise taxes while maintaining our balanced budget.
- Provides relief from lawsuit abuse so funds go into classrooms, not attorneys’ pockets.
- Maximizes the State Land Trust by drawing a modest amount as a shrewd investment in our kids.
I’ll never forget the good friends and strong, loyal supporters who gave me this job and the accompanying charge to solve problems and get results. Your support was, is, and will always be a source of tremendous inspiration.
Thanks so much,
Governor Doug Ducey
P.S. Help me share our fast-breaking news. Tell your friends, family, neighbors and colleagues that we got something great done for Arizona’s future. And we’re not done by a long shot. In fact, we’re just getting started!