As we approach a primary that will decide whether Republicans will field a competitive candidate in this fall’s pivotal election, I wanted to share with you 9 commitments that I am making to Congressional District 9.
In Congress, I will:
- Work every day to be a voice and vote for life, economic freedom, and individual liberty
- Support pro-growth policies that create jobs and invigorate the economy
- Fight crony capitalism by ending subsidies to politically-favored businesses
- Vote to repeal and replace Obamacare
- Maintain open communication with constituents by hosting at least 12 town hall meetings every year in the 9th District
- Oppose all tax increases and work to reform our overly complex tax code
- Respond to all constituent requests and inquiries within 72 hours whenever possible
- Drive efforts to cut spending and add a balanced budget amendment to the U.S. Constitution
- Secure the border and modernize our broken federal immigration system
Too many people get elected to Congress and then seem to immediately forget why they ran for the office in the first place. I’m running to defend life, liberty, and free enterprise. Doing these things will require real spending cuts that will reduce the size of our government.
As we work toward these goals, it’s important to recognize that with our bloated federal government currently intruding into so many aspects of our lives, citizens often appeal to their representative in Congress for help navigating the bureaucratic morass. I will work everyday to provide the best possible service to my constituents. My office will be open, friendly and responsive.
These nine commitments will guide my actions while in office. As primary day approaches, I hope you will take a few minutes to talk to your friends, neighbors and family in CD 9 about this election. This district could send an Obama-supporting ally of Nancy Pelosi to Congress this fall, but with your help and your vote on August 28th, we can make sure this district is a voice and a vote for freedom.
About The Campaign
In Congress, Leah will defend our free enterprise system and work to balance the budget. She has been endorsed by Arizona Right to Life, Citizens United Conservative Victory Fund, CatholicVote.org, U.S. Representative Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.), U.S. Representative Sean Duffy (R-WI) and former ASU quarterback Andrew Walter. Congressional District 9 is a new seat that includes all of Tempe and Ahwatukee along with parts of Phoenix, Paradise Valley, Mesa, Scottsdale and Chandler.
Leah served for more than a decade around the world as an operations officer for the CIA’s Clandestine Service. She is a graduate of Arizona State University and attended Rhodes Junior High School in Mesa and Seton Catholic High School in Chandler. Leah has four children with her husband, Alfred, a Foreign Service Officer currently serving in Afghanistan with the U.S. Department of State. A lifelong conservative and strong believer in the principles of economic liberty and limited government, Leah will be a voice and vote for freedom in Congress. For more information, please visit www.leahforcongress.com.