Kirk Adams Releases New Campaign Ad

YouTube Preview Image

Matt Salmon’s lobbying firm was paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to lobby for Obamacare. As an opportunist, Matt Salmon wanted to get his piece of the federal healthcare pie.

Comments

1. Anti-Union says:

Something is very fishy about this Salmon guy….

• George Smith says:

Politicians are like visitors, they stink after 3 days. But in Matt’s case, it’s been 12 years. That’s equates to stinking, not smelling. Bye Bye Matt

2. What a cameleon! This means just one thing. He thinks voters are completely brain dead! For him to lobby for such legislation and then move back to Arizona and claim to be a conservative and pledge to repeal a law he helped pass is just hypocritical and insulting. He is straight up attempting to deceive the electorate.

3. I have no respect for Salmon after discovering this. He peddled his influence for monetary gain and is now opposing the very laws he lobbied for in order to preserve his political future. Disgusting and deceitful.

4. Seemed fishy until I read what really happened. I questioned this add from the start and so I wanted to get both sides of the story. Here’s the detail. http://www.salmonforcongress.com/article/salmon-responds-to-false-attacks

• GilbertConservative says:

How does that make you feel better Easton? This was his response:

“The truth is members of my former firms lobbied to change a provision in the proposed law which would have restricted access of people with some rare form of diseases from getting the appropriate drug therapy. Both Policy Impact Communications and Upstream Consulting, were hired to point this out to members of Congress and ensure these people receive the access to the medication they require.”

It doesn’t say he was against Obamacare, he admits they were lobbying FOR Obamacare. The problem was that Obamacare as it was originally written WASN’T BIG ENOUGH! Because you lobby to expand one area of a bill does not constitute lobbying against the bill! He was lobbying FOR the bill, but only if it favored his clients. This is spin that comes straight from an expert….a lobbyist.

• CD6 Businessman says:

Holy Crap, I read the Salmon response and it pretty much said “Yes, we were paid to expand ObamaCare but only because we wanted to make sure that people with rare diseases got their expensive prescriptions paid for by the taxpayers.” Ok I paraphrased.

To me it is like saying I think Social Security should be reformed but if you pay me $190,000 I’ll make sure your grandpa’s check for next month is tripled.

5. GOPcandor says:

Matt Salmon revealed that he lobbied for the expansion of Obamacare. Salmon says that his former firms were hired to “change a provision in the proposed law which would have restricted access of people with some rare form of disease from getting the appropriate drug therapy.” A really long Washington way of saying, they actually lobbied to expand the bill by expanding drug coverage. Only a Washington lobbyist could work to make a bill larger, and then claim, with a straight face, that he didn’t support its passage.

Salmon says that he didn’t personally lobby on Obamacare. I’m sure he wishes this were true, but unfortunately his name is listed on 7 different disclosure documents under, “name of each individual who acted as a lobbyist in this issue area.” Washington lobbyists like Salmon can find many ways to justify such doublespeak, but Arizonans know that if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck – it’s a duck.

6. Nordine Crub says:

What’s the difference between a lobbyist and a prostitute?

The amount of money they take home.

7. ®