MESA, ARIZONA (July 11, 2012) – In light of the unprecedented importance placed on the 2012 electoral cycle, the Executive Board of the Arizona Latino Republican Association (ALRA) decided to break with its former practice and officially vet and endorse some primary candidates.
After a review of the candidacies and political platforms of the Republicans in various key races, the ALRA Executive Board has taken formal votes to decide which candidates are most in line with our conservative platforms and values. The result of those votes is as follows:
- Maricopa County Sheriff – Joe Arpaio
- Congressional District 3 – Gabriela Saucedo Mercer
- Congressional District 5 – Matt Salmon
- Legislative District 8 Representative – T J Shope
- Legislative District 13 Representative – Steve Montenegro
- Legislative District 21 Representative – Rick Gray
- Legislative District 21 Representative – Debbie Lesko
- Legislative District 25 Senator – Russell Pearce
- Gilbert Justice of the Peace – James Estrada
Congratulations to all on receiving ALRA’s endorsement of their respective campaigns. We look forward to working with all of them to strengthen the conservative representation that is vital to the future dignity, security and prosperity of the people of Arizona.