Matt Salmon’s Former Campaign Manager Endorses Kirk Adams for Congress

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: January 11, 2012
CONTACT: Chad Heywood

Mesa, AZ – Kirk Adams for Congress received the endorsement of Chris Bowen today. Mr. Bowen is a businessman, entrepreneur, and former campaign manager to numerous Arizona campaigns. Explaining his support for Adams, Bowen said:

“I was Matt Salmon’s campaign manager when he first ran for Congress in 1994. I was his primary campaign manager when he ran for Governor in 2002. However, for me, the future of our country outweighs personal ties of the past. I know Matt Salmon and I know Kirk Adams. There is no question that Kirk is the right guy to send to Congress at this time.

I remember Kirk when he was a grassroots activist leading a tax revolt in Mesa. As Speaker of the House, Kirk was an extraordinary leader on fiscal and social issues. Kirk is a bright, successful businessman who knows how to get government off our backs. We need a proven, fresh leader with real-world experience whose agenda is a better America; not a better connection.”

Kirk Adams expressed his appreciation for Mr. Bowen’s endorsement, “It means a lot to receive the endorsement of Chris Bowen. Chris has been around politics as an observer, and as a highly skilled professional. His experience in government, politics, and in business give him unique insights into what is happening in our nation right now. I am grateful for his support.”

Adams is a husband, father, and small businessman. After joining the state House in 2006, he became so frustrated by the unwillingness and inability of Republicans in the Legislature to stand up for their conservative principles that he launched a long-shot campaign to oust the veteran Speaker of the House. Adams shocked the Republican establishment and political class, winning the Speakership at only 35 years of age.

Adams turned the tide in the House and put Arizona back on the path to fiscal responsibility with an aggressive agenda of reform, courageously taking on some of the most challenging issues in Arizona.

Adams, a lifelong East Valley resident, lives in Mesa with his wife JaNae and their five children.

###

Comments

1. Ghost of Friedman says:

Comments from p2012p, wanumba, and zoo about “Krony Adams”: Ready, set…….GO!!!

• CD5 Conservative says:

Thanks Ghost…i needed a good laugh. Facts are a stubborn thing these guys like to ignore (especially p2012p…aka Pearce’s nephew)…

Salmon is as slimmy as it gets (fish pun intended)…

He’ll do anything for a buck.
      Lobby for earmarks = check
      Lobby for entitlements = check
      Lobby against jobs in AZ (f-22) = check
      Lobby for parts of obamacare = check
      Lobby for unions = check
      Yep – this just makes me ask, where did the Matt Salmon go that we all loved and admired?

• And Adams always supported and campaigned with Rich “slimeball” Crandall. I guess you could say it’s guilt by association. Adams is every bit as corrupt as their making Salmon out to be. My vote goes with Salmon. Kirk Adams has too much dirty money in his pocket!

• James B. says:

I love all the Adam’s bloggers posting that Salmon is a slime-ball. Nothing could be further from the truth. But who really cares about the truth anymore? It’s all lies and spin to get your man elected. Fact is, Adams has done some pretty slimy stuff himself. Worked to get Russell Pearce out of office, while at the same time chummin around with RINO Rich Crandall. Now that’s pot calling the kettle black. What a legacy.

2. Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

It’s very telling that Salmon’s longtime campaign manager and associate endorses Kirk Adams. Salmon just isn’t who he used to be…he has sold out the conservative cause and now Salmon is the choice of political bosses in electronic-smoke-filled rooms. (Salmon is the lobbyist and spokesperson for the electronic cigarette association.)

I want someone with the guts to walk in there and do some serious slashing. That’s Adams. Salmon is a lobbyist for government unions….FAIL.

• Adam’s is good buddies with Richy Rich Crandall, the biggest RINO and no show in state legislative history. He backed the guy every step of the way, and now that Richy Rich is Toxic, Adams is distancing himself. Convenient. Adams is a career politician. He’ll say anything to get elected. Pathetic!

3. CD5 Conservative says:

Wow. Let me say that again…WOW.

This speaks volumes about Salmon.

The old boys, beltway mentality has to be changed. Sounds like a very knowledgable source of both men agrees.

4. Salmon hasn’t changed a bit that I can see. These Adams-supporting goofs and their cohorts, speaking of old boys who are no different that young boys, seem fairly thin in their composition and character. Yeah, Adams the self-proclaimed “long-shot” is not what I’d call a man with statesmanship. Would you trust your family, wallet, job or future to a barnstorming youngster with more ambition than common sense?

Bowen said above “the future of our country outweighs personal ties of the past.”

Well, if you’re willing to burn up your friends for no good reason and attach yourself to some amorphous platitude…you are incapable of friendship. Good riddance, Mr. Bowen.

• Tiny Elvis says:

Amen Foodie. Speaks truths about real friendship – like Matt Salmon’s longstanding and “real” friendship with Joe Arpaio, right?

So, in Matt’s case, does the future of his political career outweigh personal opinions of the past?

• Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

Checkmate, Foodie.

• CD5 Conservative says:

Now let’s be fair…Matt was for Arpaio, before we was against him, before he was for him again. That’s the definition of loyalty, oops i mean sellout lobbyist.

How many good friends do you know that convince a friend to run against you (W. Steven Martin) and actually head up the campaign. Yep, Matt’s loyal to a fault. bahahahahaha

• CD5 Conservative says:

I’d trust anyone over a sellout lobbyist. Matt has done nothing except take the highest bidder for his services for the past decade. Principals and beliefs be damned… He’s lobbied for governments, unions, shame businesses and electronic cigarettes.

Adams record is clean and proven. Small business owner. He led the state house through one of the most difficult times/budgets ever. And his actions met his words when he opted out of the pension fund. That’s a record to stand on.

I’ll take the man with conviction over the sellout, hired gun, has been…any day.

5. Nordine Crub says:

The more I hear about this Big Fish, Salmon, the more I know he’s not someone we need in Congress. When I heard he’s been a high priced lobbyist since leaving Congress I knew immediately we don’t need another one of them. As far as I’m concerned there should be rules prohibiting any elected official from becoming a lobbyist after leaving office.

Truth be told he’s probably wanting to add a couple of years of service to beef up his Fat Congressional Pension. Let’s say no to that!

6. Talmage Pearce says:

CD5 Conservative, you need to give it a rest. I am not p2012p, nor have I ever used any “alias” as a disguise when commenting on any website.

I feel sorry for you that you feel the need to fabricate and spread lies about someone (me) who you probably have never even met.

PLEASE DISCLOSE YOUR IDENTITY SO THAT I CAN KNOW WHO YOU ARE.