Chuck Gray Endorses Matt Salmon for Congress

“Matt has a very conservative voting record and I know he will represent the East Valley in the conservative manner we have come to expect.”

EAST VALLEY – Former Congressman and candidate for Arizona’s 6th Congressional District Matt Salmon today received the endorsement from former Arizona State Senator and congressional candidate Chuck Gray. Gray, a longtime East Valley conservative leader, released the following statement today in an email to his supporters:

“There is one candidate that I feel most closely reflects my conservative values and voting record. And while I have not discussed my decision to withdraw, with either of my challengers or their campaigns, I do hope that my endorsement of Matt Salmon to represent the East Valley in Congress will be accepted in the spirit it is given. Matt has a very conservative voting record and I know he will represent the East Valley in the conservative manner we have come to expect. He has my full support.”

Salmon released the following statement in response to Gray’s endorsement:

“Without question, Chuck Gray is one of the most influential conservative voices in the East Valley and his surprise endorsement today is a great gift for a promising new year. I have known Chuck since our days in Boy Scouts, and have always valued his friendship and ideas on how to restore accountability and fiscal responsibility to Washington. I look forward to having him on our team as we begin 2012 ready to communicate our conservative message to every voter in the East Valley.”

About Matt Salmon

Matt Salmon was first elected to the United States Congress in 1994 and served until 2000, honoring his term limit pledge. A proud conservative, Salmon was rated in the top five among all 535 members of the House and Senate by Citizen’s Against Government Waste for all six years he was in office. He is a lifetime member of the NRA with an A+ rating and also earned a 100% rating by the National Right to Life. He was also the proud recipient of the American Cancer Society’s “Top National Elected Official” award.

Matt Salmon has received endorsements from Arizona Congressman Trent Franks, Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio, South Dakota Senator John Thune, Oklahoma Senator Tom Coburn, Congressman Darrell Issa (CA-49), Mayor Scott Smith (Mesa), Mayor Jay Tibshraeny (Chandler), Mayor Hugh Hallman (Tempe), Mayor John Insalaco (Apache Junction), Mayor Gail Barney (Queen Creek), former Arizona Congressman John Shadegg, Arizona State Senate Majority Leader Andy Biggs (LD22), State Senator John McComish (LD20), and State Representatives Eddie Farnsworth (LD22), Jeff Dial (LD20), and Bob Robson (LD20).

Comments

1. CD5 Conservative says:

I’m glad Chuck dropped but don’t agree with his endoresement of Matt. I can’t see how any “true conservative” would lobby on behalf of unions.

• TruestoftheTrueAmericanConservative says:

Exactly. There’s still only one person in the race from the private sector, a small business conservative with experience in the private economy and who does not get his paycheck from taxpayers or special interest groups like the other candidates do. That person is Adams …. My guess is that this goes back to a friendship Gray and Salmon had when they were young men ….

2. Too bad Chuck got caught in a three way race, he definitely is the better of the three, it is obvious that Gray is not a part of the McCain/Flake pseudo conservative cabal. Of course this made it an easy decision for him to endorse Salmon, over the two-face backstabbing Krony Adams who was MIA (that was until the final weeks before the recall, when he made it a point to talk smack to the reporters at the AZ Repugnant) when the Liberals and the RINOs were bashing Pearce and backing Lewis.

• CD6 Businessman says:

Hey TP, glad to see you out on the prowl again. FYI – Salmon also endorsed a liberal candidate for Phoenix town council during the same period. He was also talking out both sides as he quietly tried to maneuver himself as neural or pro-Lewis with the Lewis crowd and pro-Pearce with the Pearce crowd. He also endorsed and donated to McCain over Hayworth. Salmon does what is best for Salmon and you fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

• Hey CD6 Landscaper, I saw Salmon with Gray back Pearce during the recall. Salmon has Arpaio, Franks, and now Gray’s endorsement. Krony Adams has Flake, McCain, Rich sCandall and Jerry Lewis’ endorsement. If Salmon is talking out of both sides of his mouth, then why do you care, he won’t impact you, right? What are you so scared of? Are you worried that somebody may start enforcing the law around here? Are you fearful of being pulled over with a truck full of illegals? You best get reacquainted with that rake and blower you started your business with.

• CD5 Conservative says:

Stop making up lies…it didn’t work for your uncle’s campaign and it won’t work on these boards.

I’ve been following the press releases. McCain, Crandall & Lewis have not endorsed Adams. Not to say they won’t but stop lying. Here is the published list:

Adams has Sen Kyl, Congressman Quayle and a host of conservative state legislators and city council from the ACTUAL district supporting him.

So please stop the BS

• CD6 Businessman says:

You should mix in a little more rage with your posts. So here we go TP:

- I am not a landscaper
          - I have not seen an endorsement from Flake or McCain for Adams. Maybe I am wrong here.
          - I have seen an endorsement from Jon Kyl and I love Jon Kyl.
          - Salmon endorsed McCain and the liberal Mattox for Phoenix mayor not to mention some unholy alliances that can be revealed with a quick google search.
          - Adams has a ton of conservative endorsements from those who are well recognized constitutional conservatives including Jenn Daniels, Jordan Ray, Bill Norton, and Jared Taylor. I will take those guys any day over Sheriff Joe.
          - I do not own a truck
          - I did not start my business with a rake and blower. It began with hard work and a lot of prayer.

So what other criteria do you base your votes on or is supporting Uncle Russell the only one?

3. Who are conservatives supporting? Salmon. Who are RINOS (e.g. Crandall, Lewis) and the open-borders crowd (e,g, Flake, McCain) supporting? Adams. .

• Common sense, Right? And I am not a big Salmon supporter, either! Furthermore, it troubles me if what the other side is saying maybe true about Salmon. However, because I know what the other side is about, there is no way in Hell that I could back their man Krony Adams. And had you asked me a year ago to choose between Adams and Salmon, it would have been Adams hands down, because I had like what he had done, he made me proud to call him Speaker, but not now. Adams had lost my vote, and it sickens me, because I don’t know if he was just playing us all along, or that he sold us out cheap for the McCain/Flake machine. I know it had to be tempting, being that a state rep doesn’t make much, but damn, you have to have a core.

• CD6 Businessman says:

You started to hint a little common sense but is your judgement that clouded that the only criteria you base your vote on is the Pearce race? Why would Adams endorse in a race where not even half of the district lies in the new Congressional District.

Who are you voting for in the Senate? Wil Cardon? I like the guy too but he stayed neutral too so is he no good too?

You are choosing a guy who openly supports liberal candidates because it furthers his lobbying career (Salmon) and who only endorsed Pearce so you would be his friend. He was ripping on Pearce behind the scenes to those who favored Lewis. Are you really going to back a guy who sold his support for a lobbyist contract? Not supporting the F-35 alone raises huge questions in my view but then to lobby against it is just wrong.

• Just more of the same from the Pearce/Arpaio camp. Bashing your opponent won’t get you far. How about you stand on the merits of the candidate you support and share WHY you support him instead of bashing the opposition with pallid arguments at best.

I support Kirk Adams because he has values. He’s proven he can be trusted to do what’s right, and not just what’s in his best interest (i.e. given up his own pension as part of the pension reform) He’s demonstrated the type of courage and leadership we need in congress right now. I want to see change, not more of the same, and that’s why I support Kirk Adams.

• CD5 Conservative says:

Hmmm…if i say it enough, even though it’s not true, will it make it true. Sounds like Hagar & p2012p (ie Pearce’s nephew) are calling plays directly out of the liberal/progressive playbook. Just make crap up, don’t provide proof/links/facts, and hope it sticks.

Crandall, Lewis, McCain and Flake have not come out in support (yet – who know they may) of Kirk. But you can keep trying to make inuendos. It won’t fly.

Fact – Salmon has lobbied for Unions.
      Fact – Salmon endorsed McCain over Hayworth
      Fact – Salmon has publically made fun of Sheriff Joe
      Fact – Salmon has lobbied against the F35 landing (pun intended) at Luke
      Facts are a stuborn thing…that’s why it’s easier to just throw crap out and see what will stick

• CD6 Businessman says:

The more I read about Salmon’s research the more I realize he is an amazing politician. If you ever hear him speak he comes across as a pretty solid choice but then when you focus on what he does vs what he says you come to a completely different conclusion. We need a Congressman whose actions and words are one in the same.

• And you are calling your plays from the RINO playbook.