Constitutional Conservative Committee formed for Kirk Adams

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: December 5, 2011
CONTACT: Chad Heywood

Constitutional Conservative Committee formed for Kirk Adams

East Valley – Kirk Adams for Congress today released Co-Chairman for his “Constitutional Conservative Committee.”

Well known Constitutional Conservative activists Bill Norton and Jared Taylor, have officially agreed to lead Kirk Adams Constitutional Conservative Committee. This committee will help organize patriotic events and will help give policy advice to the campaign.

Bill Norton and Jared Taylor are well known Constitutional advocates and teachers. They teach and promote Constitutional values and history in Arizona and across the country. They have also been integral components in putting on the largest Constitutional celebration in the country, known as Constitution Week USA, which attracts over 10,000 people each year.

Co-Chairman Bill Norton said about the committee, “I am happy to support Kirk Adams for Congress. Kirk is committed to protecting the Constitution and keeping the federal government limited within its proper role. We welcome those who share our values and who want to become a part of Kirk’s Constitutional conscience once elected. This committee will also take an active part in the campaign.”

Co-Chairman Jared Taylor said, “I have known Kirk for over 20 years. He loves the Constitution and works hard for our community. We are lucky to have Kirk represent East Valley families in Washington. I look forward to working with like-minded conservatives who want to join this committee and help Kirk succeed.”

Businessman Paul Marchant, a member of the committee had this to say, “I am glad to live in an area where we have great people and great candidates. Selecting a candidate who loves the Constitution and who values limited government is very achievable in the east valley. I have chosen to be a part of Kirk’s campaign because I know he sees that our generations number one priority is to reign in the federal government. He will work each day with only one interest in mind, saving the Republic for his kids and mine.”

Adams is a husband, father, and small businessman. After joining the state House in 2006, he became so frustrated by the unwillingness and inability of Republicans in the Legislature to stand up for their conservative principles that he launched a long-shot campaign to oust the veteran Speaker of the House. Adams shocked the Republican establishment and political class, winning the Speakership at only 35 years of age.

Adams turned the tide in the House and put Arizona back on the path to fiscal responsibility with an aggressive agenda of reform, courageously taking on some of the most challenging issues in Arizona. Adams, a lifelong East Valley resident, lives in Mesa with his wife JaNae their five children.

###

Comments

1. I wonder if Jerry Lewis, Rich sCandall, and Chad Snow will be on his pseudo-conservative committee? They can re-write history by arguing that Benedict Arnold was not such a bad guy after all, just misunderstood.

Krony Adams the BACKSTABBER!

• Sgt. Flapjaw says:

Now everybody is a Constitutional Conservative, I’d like to see the complete list of who is on that Committee. I know many Constitutional Conservatives and I bet not one will be on the list.
      Seems that they have a hard time winning without us, but don’t have the stones to be us.

• Bingo Sgt. They take us for fools. They count on their big donors and useful idiots to get them elected and then they revert back to their Krony ways! Just like McCain, all tough on the border against JD and now that he has another six years, he is preaching we are all God’s children, in referring to illegals. If some one even comes close to the establishment candidate they whip out the knives. They took out Cain, and now the RINOs want to destroy Newt.

You’re a RINO.

• Chandler Conservative says:

My take is he’s a progressive lib because he uses the same tactics. Just make crap up and throw it out there hoping it will stick.

He wouldn’t know what research is if it hit him in the head.

• Flapjaw is one of the hacks that ran the anti-Pearce campaign. He is using the same tactic that they used there, try to discredit the real conservative so we are weaker in the general election. Just cause the dems dont have any real candidates yet doesnt mean they wont give it a shot.

Matt Salmon was chair of the republican party and Hired Glen Hamer who is now the chief apologist at the AZ Chamber of Commerce pushing immigration reform.

Matt Salmon choked in his gov campaign and we got 2 terms of Janet Napolitano because his campaign staff was incompetent. They can make all the excuses in the world, but he was ahead in polls at the beginning, the party was strong (at the start of campaign) and then they did everything they could to lose to democrats. In Arizona! Do we want to hear those excuses again?

Matt Salmon / Highground / Mayor Scott Smith, the number 2 man in the US conference of Mayors – with Anotonio (amnesty) Villaraigosa mayor of Los Angeles as his President. google them to get the pictures of Smith standing by his leader. Not a connection to be proud of for a conservative.

2. Chandler Conservative says:

You’re a silly broken record p2012p that loves to spew inuendo’s and lies. Last time you were complaining he wasn’t tea party material. Now he gets this big support from the group that is helping define the debate about what the constitution truly stands for. Again, go away troll. Your true colors are showing.

Or does the p in your name stand for progressive? Seems to me you follow their playbook of making up lies.

3. Adams is trying to pull the wool over people’s eyes by giving the illusion that he is one of the “Constitutionally Conservative”. Using the same words ( Constitutional Conservatives) that many on his campaign staff would mock of those in the tea party who made such claims. He thinks it is supposed to give him credibilty because he suckered a couple of people he knows would be respected amongst tea party/true constitutional conservatives. Unfortunately, these suckers are now out in the open and will be shunned and not trusted again. But, Adams doesn’t care. He used them for what he needed and will have no problem casting them to the side.

A bit disappointing to say the least.

• Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

Provide an example, please. Adams has a rock-solid conservative record. Salmon’s lobbying firm represents government unions, i.e., government as its own special interest group. How can we trust that guy?

• Chandler Conservative says:

You must be a clone of p2012p (aka progessive lib) because you spout the same accusations and inuendo’s with no facts, links to articles or truths.

If you’re going to attack, at least come with data….

Or are you just p2012p with a different user name

• I used to like Adams, until it came to the State convention and I saw who he aligned himself with, then I saw his true colors. Nothing but a RINO.

• Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

I’m sorry, but after seeing Tom Morrisey’s performance in office, anyone who supported him for state party chair ought to be embarrassed and apologetic. We would have been infinitely better off had Ron Carmichael made it.

4. Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

Adams pulled off a gutsy coup to wrest control from RINOs in the house, where Adams established a rock-solid conservative record, didn’t take a pension, and took on important fiscal problems such as reforming the pension system–at great political risk to himself. “p2012p,” I think you should leave the labeling committee chairmanship assignment to people who actually understand the Constitution. Adams is as solid as they come. Chameleons like Salmon would disappoint us once they got into office. Wake up.

5. All one needs to know is that Chad Heywood is the contact for this release. That says it all.

6. Mark Davis says:

Yeah. Chad (the “District Chairman”) missed the County meeting in January because of a “mandatory” meeting for Jeff Flake staffers. What a surprise a month later to learn Flake was vying for the Senate seat. Then 2 months later, Adams announces his run for Flake’s seat with Chad as his campaign chair.

There are no coincidences in politics.

As for the “compassionate conservatives” Adams shanghai’d, I’m rather disappointed too.

• Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

Uh….and your point is? Chad Heywood worked for Jeff Flake, and now he works for Kirk Adams…and what? Your post is very confusing.

7. Sgt. Flapjaw says:

Mesa [I don't think so] Constitutional Conservative, The point is that Flake is a Rino, if he has been involved with Adams then he [Adams] has the McCain Stain too. Adams can’t be Flakes boy, without being his toy.

• Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

Why is Flake a RINO? He is one of the most solid fiscal conservatives in the country, and a principled defender of the Bill of Rights and individual freedoms. I don’t agree with 100% of everything he has done, but who ever agrees with a politician 100%? I want to hear your reasoning (I can guess what it might be, but I want to let you say it yourself).

• Sgt. Flapjaw says:

You in fact are refering to illegal immigration, and you are right. Flake in fact has a better record than many untrustworthy politicians, but he is still untrustworty.
        Flake refuses to be honest about about his stand on the immigrant problem [s] that we face. He pulls a McCain by diverting attention away from their past record on the subject. “Build the fence”, then lure more people here so that they can get amnesty.
        The cost burdon on the states and country as a whole is unsustainable. While flake runs around making a big deal out of earmarks, he is causing much more cost to everyone with his immigration stance. He openly partners with the most leftist people and organizations as possible. The same people who want a nice socialist society for us all to live in.
        Jeff Flake has character issues as well, lie about a self imposed term limit for one. His back alley promoting of candidates against Sen. Pearce, and backing Jerry Lewis [maybe].
        I do see why many people will support him, but they are not looking at the big picture of the quality of life issues that the common citizen will see deteriorate.

• Flake was also a no show on a key vote for cap and trade. He also voted for gays in the military. And it is a shame that flake is in one of the most conservative district in the country and all this time he has not chaired any committee that I know of or has any major legislation with his name.
          His only claim to fame was the infamous Flake-Gutierrez amnesty bill that fortunately did not go anywhere. An absolute waste of a seat which is about to go to a his boy the backstabber Krony Adams.

• Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

I disagreed with Flake on gays in the military, but give him credit for being a consistent libertarian on the issue, I guess.

Adams is friends with Flake, but he is not a mirror image of Flake. Adams gets conservative policy into place. Flake often acted as a simple protestor, and some of your criticism I agree with.

Salmon, however, is McCain. You guys love to hate McCain, and yet HighGround gets you all to erase your memories when it comes to Matt Salmon. He is a total chameleon. He used to hate Sheriff Arpaio and mock him, and still does in private. Salmon does the same thing to Russell Pearce as well. I have friends who have personally heard him tell them about how “Pearce comes off as a racist,” yet Salmon is such an opportunist mercenary that he stuck his finger in the wind and is trying to ride into office of the anti-immigrant horse that Pearce/Arpaio/Brewer rode in on. What an opportunist liar. I have little respect for Salmon.

• CD6 Businessman says:

Speaking of the “McCain Stain”:

“Senator John McCain has a consistent conservative record of fighting the outrageous pork barrel spending in Washington, strengthening our nation’s security and defending innocent human life. I am honored to support Senator McCain for re-election to the U.S. Senate. He is clearly the right man at this challenging time to represent Arizona’s conservative values in the Senate.” -Matt Salmon, February 2010

• I would go for Chuck Gray if it were a three way and I thought he had chance, but as it is, no one knows who will be running against who.

• Chandler Conservative says:

No you wouldn’t. Your uncle Russell would never allow you to support anyone other than Salmons.

8. Tiny Elvis says:

Tonight, I sit in Ohio for a business conference. As I sit here and check in with SA, and once again I hear the peanut gallery reciting ludicrous statements like Kirk Adams and Jeff Flake being RINOs.

If those two are RINOs, you people are crazy. You are Cancers to the Republican in Arizona. At times, I wish a third party would break off, because I really don’t want to play on the same team as ConAm, Flapjaw and p2012p.

I’m sure they feel the same way.

• Sgt. Flapjaw says:

You are trying to use the rat method of taking over. You infest a place until you run everyone else off. Not here Tiny, we are here to stay.

• If we can’t get the right people in office, then we need those wrong people to do the right thing! Never make it easy for these RINOs, their paid lackeys and drones.

• Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

Flapjaw and p2012p are right on a lot of things. They are also guilty of having a single-issue litmus test that they apply to everyone: “Agree lockstep with Russell Pearce on immigration, or you’re a RINO against the rule of law, etc.”

The Tea Party in this state is not the same as the Tea Party in the rest of the country. I was in the Tea Party originally because the Tea Party was about saying no to socialism and Obama’s attempt to drive this country into the ditch with Obamacare and taxes and spending. Now, the Arizona Tea Parties, while still being concerned about the fiscal issues somewhat, have been overrun by a group who is so narrow-mindedly focused on only ONE solution to the immigration problem, that they sit back and call rock-solid conservatives like Jon Kyl and Jeff Flake–heroes to Tea Party members around the country–RINOS, all because they have disagreements on immigration. I’m sick of this brand of politics. It’s not true conservatism; Goldwater and Reagan would not recognize Pearce and his minions on this issue. (Let’s be fair: Pearce was good on other issues like the 2nd ammendment, etc.)

• CD6 Businessman says:

Pearce was GREAT on the 2nd amendment. Definitely a legacy to hang his hat on when it comes to defending gun owners rights.

• Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

Agreed. Pearce was Epic Awesome on the 2nd Ammendment. Every time I stick my gun in my glove box, I recite a brief prayer in thanks to St. Russell.

Too bad he (and others) lost his way and strayed into totalitarianism when it came to immigration. We would not put up with Sheriff Joe if he had roadblocks and raids to make sure our taxes were paid up properly, or to check the paperwork on our guns.

• CD6 Businessman says:

Although it never made it through I was a big supporter of being able to carry at state universities. Call me crazy but if anyone ever starts shooting I want the be able to shoot back.

9. This is ludicrous. What do any of the things mentioned above even have to do with the subject of the press release? This isn’t about John McCain, illegal immigration, Newt Gingrich, or Jeff Flake!

I would have to say Adams’s messaging has been pretty consistent as to his respect for the Constitution. Their campaign previously released an ad solely about the candidate attending Constitution Day. Hopefully once he is Congressman Adams he will show the same enthusiasm :)

• Even McCain started as a representative in the House, and what did he do? Blamed Reagan for the Marines killed in the Beirut bombing, and then this RINO, bashing conservative all the way, mocking the Tea Party, rose to be our presidential nominee, only to roll over and let Obama destroy this nation! No more McCains’ or his lackeys.

• CD6 Businessman says:

People respect the opinions of people they know and trust instead of foul mouthed anonymous commenters. This article is about several Gilbert conservatives supporting the candidate they believe will best represent their values and beliefs. Folks who know the men mentioned know that they are solid conservatives and their support is further evidence of the solid conservative credentials of Kirk Adams.

While Salmon continues to release endorsements of the more moderate Mesa Council members and out of state friends from his days in Congress, Adams is showing that he has the support of the people.

10. Sgt. Flapjaw says:

CD6, Just like most blowhards, you make a statement, and that then makes it fact. I have a few facts for you concerning John McCain;
    1. Advocating a Fifty Cent per gallon tax on gasoline to reduce usage.
    2. Against off shore drilling.
    3. Against Anwar drilling.
    4. Against Bush tax cuts.
    5. Support of Cap and Trade.
    6. Supporter of the man made global warming fraudsters.
    7. McCain Feingold.
    8. Amnesty for illegals.
    9.Support of Bush/Obama bailouts.
    10. Support of Gitmo closure.
    11. Accusations of U.S. troups tourturing. “Terrorist Bill of Rights”.
    12. Negotiating with democrats to change parties after 2000 primary loss.
    13. When running his feckless campaign for President in 2008 promised to make “Earmarkers” famous if he won. He was in the Senate over 20 years, what stopped with him then? The only person that he made famous was himself.
    Above is a short list. Maybe you can come up with more [bet me].
    You and others are trying to dilute the meaning of conservative. I suggest that you stay in your “Business Meetings” and leave the thinking to others.
    I have not seen too much “Foul mouthed” comments from people within this discussion, but arrogance is very evident.

• And Krony Adams the BACKSTABBER has pitched his tent in the McCain-Flake RINO camp!

• CD6 Businessman says:

Flapjaw, exactly what did I post that wasn’t correct. Please correct me where I am wrong. It’s happened before and I am not afraid to admit it. The quote I posted above about John McCain was stated by Matt Salmon when he endorsed McCain instead of Hayworth. The foul mouthed comment was referring to p2012p and the expletives used in previous posts.

Bill Norton, Jared Taylor, and Paul Marchant are all solid conservatives. In my opinion, this view is shared by most who know them. These folks must see something in Kirk Adams.

• Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

Good points, Flapjaw. Let me add one more to your list:

14. Matt Salmon endorsed and campaigned for John McCain last year, when he wasn’t busy as a lobbyist for government unions, or the electronic cigarette industry. Now Salmon wants you all to forget about that and openly mocks AZ Tea Partiers by trying to pull out a copy of the Constitution and whip them into a frenzy, when backstage he smirks and ridicules them.

11. CD6 Businessman says:

15. Salmon also endorsed the liberal union activist Claude Mattox for mayor of Phoenix.

• Sgt. Flapjaw says:

CD6, I in no way am an endorser of Matt Salmon. I didn’t indicate that in any of my comments. My very first comment was just to link Flake, McCain, Adams if he has politically joined the McCain cabal, therefore carrying the “McCain Stain”. There are alot of people who are part of the McCain “syndicate” who run around claiming to be conservative, and that just can’t be. Conservatism and McCain are only [self] linked during election years. Whichever one of these candidates wins the primary will be the Congressman from CD6 whether or not I support one.

12. Flapjaw is one of the hacks that ran the anti-Pearce campaign. He is using the same tactic that they used there, try to discredit the real conservative so we are weaker in the general election. Just cause the dems dont have any real candidates yet doesnt mean they wont give it a shot.

• Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

Fred, “Flapjaw” is a Pearce defender, not a Pearce antagonist. Apparently you haven’t paid any attention the last few months.

You’re right about Salmon, though. He is completely for sale.

13. Sgt. Flapjaw says:

Fred, are you out of your mind?? I don’t even listen to pipsqueaks like you. I was one of the most staunch defenders of Pearce, and I worked for his campaign, you dip! I assume we are on the same side, but you make an ass of yourself.
    If you are a McCain supporter, then you are as inconsistant as anyone can be. Otherwise, you will not ever find anywhere any time where I said anything of a negative nature about Pearce. Get it right or fold your tent and shut up.

14. Chuck Gray and Matt Salmon went to bat for Russell Pearce, Krony Adams stabbed him in the back. Krony Adams is still in the McCain-Flake RINO camp. If the elections were today I would take Gray over Salmon. Salmon over Krony Adams, (for one reason, if Salmon is a RINO, he definitely does not owe anything to the McCain-Flake RINO camp coalition in AZ). I would vote for Krony Adams over a democrat, (because at least a RINO has the good sense to lie to me, where I know where the Leftist Dems want to take me and this country). And if were between Krony Adams and an orange juice can, I would take the orange juice can because an OJ can can’t STAB YOU IN THE BACK!

• Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

So, anyone that didn’t openly endorse Russell Pearce is a RINO? Where do you get off with that? What if people liked Pearce, but didn’t approve of his entanglement in the Fiesta Bowl, or his actions during his campaign, such as the Olivia Cortes scandal, and decided to stay out of it? If I don’t think Russell Pearce was an ideal steward of the conservative cause, would that make me a RINO? Who appointed you king of the labeling committee?

• Chandler Conservative says:

P2012P – have you ASKED your uncle Russell if he EVER asked Kirk for an endorsement? Or did he just expect the Speaker to bend his knee and kiss your uncle’s ring? Answer me ONE TIME on this please.

As for your logic on association, follow this one troll (aka nephew of Pearce). Arpio endorsed Nappy over Salmon, Salmon endorsed McCain over Hayworth. Arpio endorsed Salmon over Gray or Adams.

Does this mean Arpio supported the massive budget growth and lack of boarder enforcement during Nappy’s term?
      Does that mean Salmon supports McCains RINO record?

As I’ve said before, endoresements from one person to a candidate does not mean the receiver shares the same views. So stop the whole…McCain/Flake = Adams BS. His record speaks on his own.

You should know – he supported all 5 SB’s tha Pearce pushed for that got voted down by his OWN REPUBLICAN SENATORS.

You’re outed bud..

• Mesa Constitutional Conservative says:

…..and…..checkmate. If you hear back from p2012p, he won’t address your questions; he will do what he always does and completely redirect. He never admits it or even acknowledges it when someone bests him in an argument. He just ignores it and moves on to something completely different.

Trackbacks

1. [...] support Kirk Adams for Congress. Kirk is committed to protecting the Constitution and keeping the federal governmentlimited within its proper role. We welcome those who share our values and who want to become a part [...]