Lt. Mike Stauffer Supports ‘Arizona Compact’ and Disavows ‘Tent City’


FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: November 18, 2011
CONTACT: West Kenyon

I support the Utah and the proposed Arizona Compacts, in that they reaffirm my beliefs in the rule of law and the constitutional enforcement of the laws and statutes passed by the legislature. These declarations also reaffirm the community’s trust in the discretion of their law enforcement officers in the performance of their duties.

In addition, I have determined that the “tent city” facility does not adhere to the best practices and professional standards of the American criminal justice system. The inhumane treatment of inmates and the lack of rehabilitative services at this facility should be a cause of concern for all citizens.

Under my direction, the “tent city” facility in its present form will cease to exist. As Sheriff I will replace this facility with a self-sufficient work farm for first time and low risk inmates to learn skills, attend rehabilitation programs and provide food and services to the rest of the county jail system.

The inmates at this proposed work farm, who legally reside in the United States, will have the opportunity to participate in a new type of work release program. I will partner with local Maricopa County businesses to interview and hire qualified inmates for work in their businesses. The inmates will be paid by the business to a county audited fund to help defray the costs of administering the work farm and the work release program. The remainder of the inmates pay check, after taxes, will be placed in a trust fund for the inmate, which the inmate will have access to upon their release. The inmates will have earned these funds and a job. Upon their release, they will have the means to provide for themselves and their families as they transition back in to our community. This will have a positive impact on the recidivism rate, as the former inmate will have skills and the ability to make positive choices.

As Sheriff, I will seek to partner with other agencies within the criminal justice system and private enterprises to craft a humane and effective set of programs that will provide realistic treatment and choices for the inmates to become productive citizens upon their release back into society.


Comments

  1. Conservative American says:

    Excuse me as I avail myself of the emesis basin. We have a genuine, bleeding heart liberal here!

    Rehabilitation? How much time have you spent working in corrections? That’s what I thought. “Rehabilitation” is a crock and a liberal myth. As always, liberals think that social workers are what is needed to deal with criminals.

    Hey, get yourself some up close and personal face time with one of those “rehabilitation” candidates, like the one who chopped up his girlfriend with an axe.

    • “Hey, get yourself some up close and personal face time with one of those “rehabilitation” candidates, like the one who chopped up his girlfriend with an axe.”

      Because obviously, he’s talking about the ax murderer and not the first-time low-level drug offender. Get a grip.

      • Conservative American says:

        I have a grip, Klute. I’ve worked in the corrections system, locked in with inmates for up to 16 hours a day. Have you? Has Stauffer?

        Those who have never spent “quality time” with these so called “first-time low-level drug offenders” don’t know what they are talking about. All they know is the propaganda and fairy tales they are fed.

        Trust me, Klute, I have first hand knowledge and I know what I am talking about. There were those in for non-violent crimes who committed assault and rape while in the joint, giving their victim a fractured skull. That is fact. Because someone has only been convicted of being a “first-time low level drug offender” doesn’t mean that they are not violent, cannot be violent and have not committed violent crimes for which they were never caught. They just happened to get busted for drugs. If you really understood what is behind bars, you wouldn’t want to see those people out on the street at night in your neighborhood. They would drop you in a heartbeat just to steal your shoes. No lie.

        • THe BBC actually came all the way to AZ to interview inmates under SHeriff Arpaio and they admitted they were in far better incarceration and better fed than they would be in Mexico, so they were “bored.” But, it’s some sort of inhumane thingy from the crowd that thinks Strabucks running out of sprinkles for their lattes is a “crime against humnaity” and grounds for litigation.

          One would think a “tent” jail would be the height of transparency, everyone’s behavior in public, easy to make sure no abuses are taking place.

          But noooo …. so it’s not about the “jail” at all.

          • “…and they admitted they were in far better incarceration and better fed than they would be in Mexico.”

            And I’m sure the jails are better than that of a North Korean work camp too. Comparing ourselves to the lowest common denominator and saying “Hey, look how awesome we are!” doesn’t make us look good, it makes us look worse.

            I expect an American jail to be better than a Mexican jail – just as I expect ALL things in the USA to better than that of a developing nation. If they were worse than Mexico, we’d probably be in a post-Apocalypse scenario.

            “One would think a “tent” jail would be the height of transparency, everyone’s behavior in public, easy to make sure no abuses are taking place.”

            Yeah, one would think that if they were living in a cave. On Mars. With their eyes closes and their fingers in their ears (to quote Cecil Terwilliger).

            • Conservative American says:

              LOL! You’re making a debate point, Klute, but not a practical point. ;-)

              Let’s remember why tent city came into being, shall we? Sheriff Arpaio took the position that he was not going to release inmates simply because we didn’t have enough jail space to house them. We didn’t have enough jail space to house all of those sentenced to jail time because govenment wouldn’t build enough jail space to house all of the inmates sentenced to do time.

              The courts have ordered California to start releasing inmates due to overcrowding. Tent city prevented that scenario from happening in Arizona.

              Now if you want the best possible conditions for inmates, then build a new, state of the art jail so that all of those sentenced to do jail time can be housed. Then tent city would no longer be needed and inmates would serve their time.

            • Veritas Vincit says:

              Bernie’s World is one non-sequitur after another… skipping from unrelated to irrelevant like one long out of tune guitar riff.

              • Sorry you can’t keep up, VV. Maybe Reader’s Digest will come out with a Condensed Book version of my posts to keep it simple for you.

                Or maybe the Saturday Evening Post will come out with excerpts, followed by the trenchant commentary of one Wendell Wilkie for you to put it together.

        • “I’ve worked in the corrections system, locked in with inmates for up to 16 hours a day. Have you?”

          No. Am I friends with current law enforcement officers and people who’ve worked directly in corrections, yes. Have I had friends who have been in corrections, yes. If you’re going to play the “absolute moral authority” card, this discussion will be over real fast.

          “Those who have never spent “quality time” with these so called “first-time low-level drug offenders” don’t know what they are talking about.”

          I had one friend who went in for non-violent charges of possession and larceny (he let heroin take over his life, an admitted flaw on his part). Before he managed to get transferred to ADC out of Durango, he had been assaulted and forced into the ‘woods because Sheriff Joe doesn’t run the jails, he lets the gangs handles the enforcement, and because of that, we turn first-time offenders into career criminals. What’s the recidivism rate in MCSO-run prisons?

          “There were those in for non-violent crimes who committed assault and rape while in the joint, giving their victim a fractured skull.”

          And that obviously occurs in a complete vaccuum, and not because the culture that Sheriff Joe creates in the prison. How much sway do the Woods and M have in MCSO jails, ConAm? If you worked for MCSO, and have a honest bone if your body, you’ll be able to answer that.

          Here’s another settlement due to the MCSO’s inability to reform it’s system that will result in higher premiums that come out of the Maricopa county taxpayer:

          http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2011/11/county_to_shell_out_1_million.php

          $50 million so far paid out of insurance. When will it end?

          “If you really understood what is behind bars, you wouldn’t want to see those people out on the street at night in your neighborhood.”

          Please. I’ve known people who’ve gotten busted for drug offenses, and only drug offenses, who’ve never harmed another person in their life. This cheap stereotype reminds of the scene in “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas” where H unter S. Thompson crashes the police convention and listens to the anti-drug propaganda:

          “KNOW YOUR DOPE FIEND. YOUR LIFE MAY DEPEND ON IT! You will not be able to see his eyes because of Tea-Shades, But his knuckles will be white from inner tension and his pants will be crusted with semen from constantly ****ing *** when he can’t find a rape victim. He will stagger and babble when questioned. He will not respect your badge. The Dope Fiend fears nothing. He will attack, for no reason, with every weapon at his command-including yours. BEWARE. Any officer apprehending a suspected marijuana addict should use all necessary force immediately. One stitch in time (on him) will usually save nine on you. Good luck. – The Chief”

          Do people have to go to jail for breaking the law? Absolutely. Does that mean it should be an experience out of a Hieronymus Bosch painting? No.

          • Conservative American says:

            So you haven’t worked in corrections as I have. I don’t care who you are friends with, you don’t get the kind of knowledge and experience that I have by osmosis. Who your friends are is irrelevant.

            Klute wrote: ” If you’re going to play the “absolute moral authority” card, this discussion will be over real fast.”

            Right! Because I have been there and you haven’t. Everything you have to offer is second hand. Everything I have to offer is from direct personal experience. You have theory. I have hands on experience and nothing you say will change that.

            Klue wrtoe: “I had one friend who went in for non-violent charges…”

            “Friends” again? I don’t have “friends” who worked in corrections. I worked in corrections in a prison with a “five yard”, which is the highest security yard there is. So don’t try to blow smoke and tell me about your “friends”. You haven’t been there and I have.

            You want a better situation in correctional facilities? Pay for more staff! Inmates always outnumber staff but the higher the staff to inmate ratio, obviously, the better things can be controlled and the safer the environment. Want better, more qualified staff? Pay more! You’ll get what you pay for!

            So there have been lawsuits and costs. So what? Corporations, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies and other private entities are sued and settle all the time. Do you have the naive idea that in an inherently imperfect world that corrections is going to be perfect? Ridiculous! What you are ever-so-conveniently forgetting is that people have been kept behind bars who would literally cut your liberal throat simply for the pleasure of watching you die. You feel comfortable sitting in your home on your fat butt posting here because you don’t have to worry about being taken off by all of those bad guys behind bars. Hey, you’re welcome!

            Klute wrote: “Please. I’ve known people who’ve gotten busted for drug offenses, and only drug offenses, who’ve never harmed another person in their life. This cheap stereotype…”

            I don’t care who you have known. Cheap stereotype? I’ve worked behind bars with inmates. I’ve seen things first hand. You haven’t. You’re guessing, pushing your theoretical liberal propaganda. You don’t know what you are talking about. I do. I’ve been there. You haven’t.

            Klute wrote: “…reminds of the scene in “Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas”…”

            Get real, Klute! You are citing as evidence a scene from a movie? You want to put that against my real life experience in corrections? Life ain’t a movie, Klute. You need to separate reality from entertainment!

            Klute wrote: “Do people have to go to jail for breaking the law? Absolutely. Does that mean it should be an experience out of a Hieronymus Bosch painting? No.”

            How very genteel of you, talking about Hireonymus Bosch paintings. That would go over real big with inmates, LOL!

            Have you ever done time in the jail or the prison? Have you ever worked with inmates in a jail or a prison? If not, then what do you know about jail and prison, what you see in the movies? It ain’t like what you see in the movies, Klute! That’s fantasy!

            You want better conditions in jail and prison? Cough up the money! Cough up the money for more space, better space and for more staff and better trained and qualified staff. You get what you pay for and if you aren’t willing to pay for what you say you want, then all of your huffing and puffing means nothing because it isn’t going to happen by spontaneous generation!

            • If reasonable people do not step up to do tough jobs, then cruel people will take their place. It’s as simple as that. We should be happy we have a lot of decent people who are not afraid of doing jobs that other people won’t take.

              A dangerous precedent has been made by a chunk of a generation who has used drugs and hides from accepting responsibility for the collateral damage of drug use.

              In our political debates and clashes, it is very disturbing to find people who are quite fast to dehumanize opponents, ignore lawful behavior … people who on the surface are stalwart pillars of society, and who have been given ALL the benefits and opporunities to be pillars …. but are rotting pillars from the inside.

              It should be noted that throughout history that rogue elements enhanced terror and the lethality of attacking opponents by the use of TWO enhancements: drugs and altered states of consciousness.

              Not a soul who wished victory on the battlefield or ambush would use alcohol to enhance warriors/terrorists, in fact it was banned from warriors… alcohol would make them useless and incoherent, where drugs could numb physical pain while completely removing the natural abhorrance to murder. A very very dangerous and lethal combination.

              That so many of the 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s and 2000s generation in this nation have used drugs and see nothing wrong with it is extremely disturbing.

            • “Right! Because I have been there and you haven’t. Everything you have to offer is second hand. Everything I have to offer is from direct personal experience. You have theory. I have hands on experience and nothing you say will change that.”

              Ah, so you’re going to play the Heinlein card: if you don’t have the experience, your opinion doesn’t count. Well, thankfully for society, and perhaps frustratingly for you, that’s not the world we actually live in.

              “You want a better situation in correctional facilities? Pay for more staff!”

              Ah, the “throw money at the problem” argument that apparently doesn’t work for police, teachers, the DMV, etc. etc. etc. will magically work in corrections facitilies – you really ARE a Conservative American – you’ve got all the hypocrisies in neat little rows.

              But to the point, yes, more staff is needed (like more teachers are needed, more police are needed, etc.) as well as reform of the American prison system from punishment, which does ZERO to affect the recidivism rate, to rehabiliation, which does affect the recidivisim rate – and that’s been proven time and time again in countries that aren’t governed by America’s “law of the West” BS. And I’m willing to be taxed more for it.

              “Do you have the naive idea that in an inherently imperfect world that corrections is going to be perfect? Ridiculous!”

              Of course not, but lawsuits being settled because Sheriff Joe is took chicken**** to go to trial because he knows he’ll spend the rest of his life in prison for allowing his guards to beat inmates to death, isn’t a symptom of an “inherently imperfect world”.

              Oh, and I’m stopping here, because I just realized that you haven’t answered a very important question, one that I think you’re too cowardly to answer at all, much less truthfully in public:

              How much control do the Woods and M have over the GP as opposed to the guards? And how much of that control is willingly ceded by the guards?

            • Conservative American says:

              Don’t try to pull that liberal garbage with me, Klute! There is no “card” being played. There are facts. That’s it. Because you don’t like the facts doesn’t change them.

              Your opinion counts but your opinion is based upon a serious lack of first hand knowledge and you are refusing to listen to someone who does have first hand knowledge. Nothing quite as comforting as reaching a conclusion and then closing out all information which might refute it.

              Klute wrote: “Well, thankfully for society, and perhaps frustratingly for you, that’s not the world we actually live in.”

              Now you’re just being plain silly, Klute. Regarding the subject at hand, I have first hand experience working with inmates in prison and you don’t. You have cited an entertainment movie to bolster your case. So don’t presume to tell me about “the world we live in”. You have not the slightest idea about the realities of prison because you have been neither an inmate nor have you worked in corrections, locked in with inmates. I’ll tell YOU about the real world regarding prison.

              Don’t give me that liberal garbage about “rehabilitation”. Reminds me of that line from “West Side Story”: “He has a social disease! Send him to a social worker!” If an inmate wants to go straight when he is released, he will. If he doesn’t want to go straight, he won’t. I knew an inmate who deliberately violated his parole because he wanted to go back in the joint. Said that it was too stressful on the outside dealing with work, bills and so on, and that he didn’t feel that there was enough of a payoff for all of that.

              Klute wrote: “…and that’s been proven time and time again in countries that aren’t governed by America’s “law of the West” BS.”

              Hey, if you don’t like America then get yourself to one of the countries of which you think so highly. And don’t let Lady Liberty hit you in the butt with her torch on the way out!

              Klute wrote: “Ah, the “throw money at the problem” argument that apparently doesn’t work for police, teachers, the DMV, etc. etc. etc. will magically work in corrections facitilies – you really ARE a Conservative American – you’ve got all the hypocrisies in neat little rows.”

              ROFL! Now you’ve completely lost it, Klute! Let’s recap here. You whined about tent city. If you want to get rid of tent city then there has to be more room to house inmates. That requires construction of a structure. Constructing a structure, additional prison space, requires money. So let’s get clear here. I’m just fine with tent city. I don’t feel the need to build anything or to spend any money to build anything. You are the one whiining about it. THAT is where the money comes in. Stop whining about tent city and we don’t need to throw any money at anything!

              Klute wrote: “Of course not, but lawsuits being settled because Sheriff Joe is took chicken**** to go to trial because he knows he’ll spend the rest of his life in prison for allowing his guards to beat inmates to death, isn’t a symptom of an “inherently imperfect world”.

              So what you are saying is that you don’t expect perfection, you merely expect the imperfections of the world to meet with your approval. I have news for you, Klute, the universe is not ordered around your ideas of what are acceptable imperfections and what are not acceptable imperfections. And I still have not heard from you a single word of gratitude for keeping bad guys off of the streets which you walk. You take that for granted. You take it as a given. Hey, you’re welcome!

              Klute wrote: “…I just realized that you haven’t answered a very important question, one that I think you’re too cowardly to answer at all…”

              Now I’m simply disappointed in you, Klute. I thought that you were above that juevenile “cowardly” stuff. Do you REALLY believe that I am a coward when I’ve worked at job where I have been locked in with murderers? Think about that and reconsider your statement.

              Klute wrote: “How much control do the Woods and M have over the GP as opposed to the guards? And how much of that control is willingly ceded by the guards?”

              Let me get this straight. You discount my experience in corrections, telling me that you know better, and now you are demanding that I answer a question based upon my first hand corrections experience? As the old saying goes, “Go suck an egg!”

              • I asked the question SPECIFICALLY because of your experience, and I know why you can’t answer, especially if you’re working in a civilian capacity with the MCSO, at least if you want to continue that work.

                But if you could answer honestly, you and I both know that the answer would freak people like wanumba out and disrupt their little worlds – knowing how much control M and the Peckerwoods have behind MCSO’s walls, and how much of that control is tacitly approved by the screws.

              • Conservative American says:

                Don’t you see the contradiction in discounting my corrections experience and then asking me to answer a question specifically based upon that experience? A little congruity would be cool, Klute! ;-)

                I no longer work in corrections or in the public sector so that is not an issue, Klute.

                What goes on isn’t a set constant. It varies depending which people are on duty and who is in charge of a given shift. Some run a very tight ship and some don’t. It’s like any other work which needs to be done 24/7 and where there are shifts.

                Human nature is always human nature and, as in every line of work, there is a bell curve distribution among staff. That curve skews depending on the particular combination of staff on duty at any given time. Anway, let’s get to the important stuff.

                Hieronymus Bosch! I’ve always been fascinated with his work. Much of it reminds me of those games where you are asked to find specific items in a picture. In the case of Bosch, it would probably be some particular gargoyle, LOL!

                Hey, we could make a fortune! Let’s come out with a Hieronymus Bosch coloring book for kids who are obnoxious brats! We could call it, “Pleasant Dreams, Kid!” How’s that for passive aggressive, LOL! ;-)

        • Why would any adult want to work in a prison? Seriously, you spend your whole life living within the law (very easy for the vast majority of us), but then you would actually want to be surrounded by prisoners every day?

          I’d rather work dead animal pickup, but, I guess someone has to do it. In a world full of opportunities, why would someone want to settle for a job like that? This isn’t a personal attack, its just a serious question, I could not fathom wanting to do that for a living.

          • Conservative American says:

            I’ll take your question seriously, Lampoon, and give you a serious answer. Service. Most of my life has consisted of working in service of others.

            Why would someone enlist in the military and make a career of it? The pay isn’t good, the food isn’t good, you are at risk of being killed in combat and you have to do what those of higher rank tell you to do. So why do people go into the military? Perhaps it may sometimes have something to do with service instead of thinking first of one’s self.

            Why would someone become a nurse? The pay isn’t high, there is risk of contracting diseases, they have to work weekends and maybe nights, they have to deal with blood, vomit, urine and feces. Could it be that some of the time people become nurses because they seek to serve rather than think only about what would be most pleasant for themselves?

            I might add that you also appear to be assuming that working in corrections is the only thing I have done. And what have you done with your life thus far?

            • Done quite a lot actually, been to some amazing places, seen things that not too many people get to see. I wish now that I had joined the military in my youth, but I do my best to assist vets and help with hiring them. Got to travel with some of them last month, got to watch a B2 bomber get refueled in flight from the refueling pod. Was, and am still lucky enough to be in a position where I can travel extensively, been around the world a few times, got to learn a lot about other cultures, religions, societies. Spent the last 5 years working with charitable non profits and assisting others in my profession. Took care of a dying father, that was the most gratifying and difficult thing I ever did, watched him die right in front of me, just like my mother did years before. Things like that change a person, helps you let go of anger and be a bit more contemplative about life.

              I’m not trying to denigrate the job of a corrections officer, just noting that its not something that would ever interest me, too many other opportunities out there that I’d rather pursue.

              • Conservative American says:

                How nice it is to hear you speak as a real person instead of as a snarky caricature of one. Hats off to you for that! :-)

                Took care of my dying father, my grandmother, who had a stroke, and my dying mother. I was there when they passed but, without going into details, I’ve seen literally hundreds of people die. The hard part is knowing that no matter what you do, you can’t restore them. They’re going to die. I would imagine that it’s a lot more difficult for those who are atheists.

                I’m not going to ask you about details. Sounds like you’ve done some good stuff. It’s good to become more contemplative about life as time passes and to consider what we would most like to accomplish in what time we have left to us. That has to be approached on a daily basis because at any second we could be gone from this world. Not scarey, just motivational.

                Is it possible that we could both treat each other better? I don’t see why not. All we have to do is to make up our minds to do so. I like the person I hear speaking in the above post.

                Oh yeah, and I’ve done a LOT of different things. It’s amazing how much you can get in if you want to. I don’t talk about it much. Just my way. Too busy getting on to the next thing. ;-)

    • NOTtheHOLIERthanTHOU-americanconservative says:

      (You’ll have to read below to understand the responses to the garbage that came from Mr. so-called “american conservative”)
      “Conservative American” you are a complete moron and one part of everything that is wrong with our corrections department. I am a conservative myself. I have spent REAL “quality time” with the low-level drug offenders, matter of fact I was on my way to prison over 10 years ago for a few years. So, I didn’t have the luxury of being escorted around the yard by 4 other officers. Don’t sit here and act like you are so high and mighty and some self proclaimed badass. You are a punk. I wanted more for myself, I was young when I went in, I made the decision to make a change. The truth is that not everyone has the support or resources to help them make it. I work with people who come out of prison now, it’s true, some want to do well and some do not. However, the system IS NOT setup for rehabilitation in the first place. It is a revenue stream for the state. You saying that that some first time low-level drug offender ended up raping or assaulting someone inside doesn’t mean that everyone is that way. That would be like someone saying that all conservatives are retards because they read your posts (I wouldn’t blame them though, if that was all they had to go on).
      Although you are clearly much more superior to myself because not only were you not in prison but you definitely don’t have any friends around you who were. If you were so interested in helping the community why haven’t you tried helping someone else in need? What’s the matter? Did you get your lunch money stolen from you when you were a child? You clearly have no idea what you are talking about. On one hand you are sitting here defending Sheriff Joe and his jails, then you say you worked on a 5 yard? Well which is it big shot? Kind of interesting to me because there ARE NO 5 YARDS IN JAIL. You are bringing up a point on a completely different system, one which Joe has no control over. By the way, I have several good friends who are cops, and they all seem to have the same opinion of other cops – they are pieces of shit, corrupt and out for their own gain. Of course not all of them are, it’s just interesting to think about your attitude on this thread and who you say your friends are….You know what they say “Turds of a feather, flock together,” or is it birds?? Either way, you get the point.
      You want evidence that is not from a movie?? I LIVED THERE, YOU DIDN’T. I think that’s enough said. What you are failing to mention is the fact that you have NO IDEA what the so-called victim did to get them into that situation. I am not saying rape should by any means be tolerated, but assault is a different story. Didn’t your mother ever tell you “You made your bed now lie in it”? I could tell you story after story where most sane people would agree the so-called “victim” asked for it. I’ll say it again, because I am sure you’ll skirt around this point indefinitely but 9 out of 10 people did something to get into an assault type situation INSIDE ( I am not talking about the streets). And AGAIN, I LIVED THERE, YOU DIDN’T. It was over 8 years ago, but I was there for much longer than 16 measly hours without an officer escort, although I’m sure you’ve got everyone around you thinking you’re a real American badass. What a joke. Wait til you fall on your face, or better yet one of your kids do (if you have any), then we’ll see what your reaction to the system is.
      You want some more “first hand experience” american conservative? The officers are there to open doors and follow protocol. They actually don’t run a damn thing. The inmates do, the gangs in power say what goes and what doesn’t. But you would know that because you were there for a couple of minutes, right? If you argue this point, you definitely weren’t there long enough. Most officers will tell you this, except of course your super moral police friends, right? When I was there over 8 years ago, there was guards bringing things in for the inmates, and I’m not talking about a sack lunch. Get real “american conservative”, you have NO IDEA what you are talking about. You are delusional at best.
      Your point about “If an inmate wants to go straight when he is released, he will. If he doesn’t want to go straight, he won’t.” is only partly true. The truth is some people need the support and resources to be able to make it. Of course you have your fucked up view because YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN THERE, I HAVE. The truth is there is a lot less “bad guys” than american conservative would have everyone believe. Anyone who has read this thread knows that american conservative has been absolutely perfect his whole life and NEVER MADE A BAD DECISION, or for that matter a mistake.

      This whole “coward” defense simply cracks me up. You were locked up with murderers were you?? You are a damned liar. First of all, you’re not “locked up” if you can turn your head to the officer next you and say “I’m done now, let me out.” Second of all, you weren’t anywhere by yourself (especially on a 5 yard, if you were ever even in one), you had officers around and I would be willing to bet the inmate was shackled and cuffed which is mandatory on a 5 yard, but you would know that, you badass you. ;-)
      And FINALLY american conservative, you say you worked in corrections because you wanted to serve?!?! You have got to be kidding me. Your attitude in this thread are exactly the type of people who should NOT be “serving” as you put it. I’d say you did it, based on your comments, to look down on people. To make yourself look like you’re some great human being when really you have an ice cold heart. SAVE THE BULLSHIT, you are a power monger. Then you tell “Lampoon” that “it’s so nice to hear him speak as a real person instead of a snarky caricature of one”??? What a joke, your whole thread was SNARKY. Also, for the record, nurses do get paid pretty well.

  2. Well, are you ready? Here comes some more pro-illegal puke from filth-monger Randy Parraz and the SEIU. Parraz and his butt buddy Chad Snow believe they now control the state and have set their sights on Joe Arpaio. Over-confidence killed the cat. I know this is posted by “press release” and “contact West Kenyon”, but look under Mike Stauffer’s skirt and see what’s really under there. Speaking of mutual oral amnesty, perhaps they can convince Dr. Bruce Merrill and his “78% of Arizonans support a path to citizenship” Crankcase/ASU poll to join in for a threesome, or foursome. I realize they have mucho experienco, but am confident this time they have bit off more than they can “chew.”

  3. I have friends, but I can’t say my “best friend” is a liberal, community organizer that I as a “conservative” Republic donated 3900 bucks to for his Senate campaign. If Randy is Chad’s bestie, what values does Randy have that Chad really likes?

    • It is a relative term for a duo scrounging, defaming, and racketeering for the mutual goal of upstaging the law for different financial rewards. I assume you know what those are.

  4. The Utah Compact was written by the left-wing open borders crowd. They have been exposed in articles. (see http://www.NewswithViews.com ).

    • Veritas Vincit says:

      The Utah Compact is Liberal LDS BS masquerading as public policy. We don’t need no friggen Arizona Compact! We NEED a secure border; we NEED the bad guys shot; and we need a legal means for labor to cross the border without benefits that are paid by citizens and without the prospect of voting.

  5. Mark Davis says:

    the same people who collected signatures to recall Pearce are already out collecting signatures to get Stauffer on the ballot to run against Arpaio. He’s next on their list. Just watch for the same RINOs and Libertarians who helped the leftists get rid of Pearce to get on board with them again.

  6. I am voting for Mike Stauffer. Sheriff Joe has not prosecuted employers of illegals. Between Joe and Bill Montgomery, I am expecting at least 10 new prosecutions of employers for hiring illegals each and every week. I don’t believe that we have had more than 1 or two this year. Sheriff Joe is simply not prosecuting employers. He is not enforcing the law — and I won’t support that. It’s my belief that Mike Stauffer will enforce ALL the laws on the books, and not ignore the employer sanctions law.

    If you want to stop illegal immigration — lock up the employers — for a long time. That’s a real deterrent. Deporting someone back to mexico, someone who doesn’t have anything to lose, just isn’t going to work. Locking someone up, who has a lot to lose, will work. When employers are afraid to hire illegals because of the consequences, we will have begun to solve the illegal immigration problem.

    • Conservative American says:

      What a crock, and a liberal obviously trying to pose as a conservative!

      Hey, FIRST keep the bad guys off the street. THEN move on to other things. Arpaio was creative with tent city as a way to thwart the liberal scheme of letting inmates out because of overcrowding. That is protecting YOUR butt!

      Bill wrote: “Sheriff Joe has not prosecuted employers of illegals.”

      Hello! HELLO! Sheriff’s don’t prosecute. Attorneys prosecute. What country are you from?

      And where has Stauffer said that he is going to “prosecute” employers? Not in the above statement!

      • There seems to be some confusion out there as well as to the functions of “jail” versus “prison.”
        (I know Conservative AM knows the difference.)
        Of course not knowing that sheriffs don’t prosecute is a lousy base to start from in a discussion of this. gah!

      • NOTtheHOLIERthanTHOU-americanconservative says:

        Is this some more of your non-snarky commenting. You are a contradiction to yourself about every other post. Get a life, or atleast practice what you so willingly preach. Or is this some more of your “community service”???

  7. Jack Hammer says:

    It just so happens that the left wing open Borders crown and the Tourist Industry
    oligarchy which dominates the Arizona Chamber of Commerce have
    joined forces since 2005.

    This Scottsdale “putz” lieutenant is their Jerry Lewis sockpuppet against Joe Arpaio.

    Let’s put an end to their cozy alliance!

Speak Your Mind

*