In the interest of promoting job growth in Arizona, and in helping young college students understand the career path and experience Liberals deem necessary to obtain a job at the White House… we post this current employment opportunity from the Union Jobs Clearinghouse website.
THERE IS NO EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENT FOR THIS POSITION. THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT, however must SPEAK FLUENT SPANISH.
Posted on: October 17, 2011
Posted by: Living United for Change in Arizona (LUCHA)
Join the movement for social and economic justice in Arizona!
Leading the nation with an onslaught of anti-immigrant, segregationist policies, drastic state-level cuts to public programs and a devastated economy, Arizona is ripe for cutting-edge, progressive organizing.
LUCHA, Living United for Change in Arizona, is a dynamic, membership-led, grassroots organization, building power among low- to moderate-income people to advance social, economic and racial justice for all. Our organizers, members, and leaders work for change, out in the streets, at meetings with elected officials and corporate executives, through electoral campaigns and in the media. Organizers engage in direct action and work with our leaders to develop their skills and build power based on their ability to move people to action.
Community Organizers will help to build a strong organizing program, recruiting members and developing leaders. S/he will facilitate collective decision-making and democracy at regularly-held community and leadership meetings, identify and develop leaders among the membership base, and work with leaders and members to build their organizing skills in an effort to create a self-sustaining and truly grassroots movement for change.
- Recruit community members to join our organization and take leadership in organizational campaigns and activities.
- Identify potential leaders and assist in developing the leadership of grassroots members.
- Develop and implement campaign strategies with members and member-leaders.
- Do research, direct action, and media work.
- One year of political or community organizing experience preferred, on racial, social and economic justice issues.
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-racial, multi-income groups.
- Spanish language fluency, both written and spoken, is required.
- Experience in base building, door knocking, leadership development, and strategy development essential.
- Experience in and commitment to bottom-up organizing, grassroots leadership, and collective decision-making.
- Commitment to racial justice, multi-racial organizing, movement building and direct action organizing.
- Must be flexible and willing to work long and nontraditional hours in a demanding and rapidly changing work environment.
How to apply: