Steve Calabrese (1970-2011)

I am in complete shock and sadness in having to notify our readers of the passing of a good friend Steve Calabrese. According to what I’ve learned, Steve suffered a heart attack and died on Friday. He was 41 years old.

Steve was one of our writers and frequent commenters here on Sonoran Alliance. He was not afraid to share his opinion and wore his heart on his sleeve.

I got to know Steve over the last few years because we shared similar political interests and visions – fighting for the survival of this Republic.

Steve Calabrese was a true American and Arizona patriot.

Please pray for his family that they may be comforted in this time of grief.

Thank You Steve for being in our lives. You will be sorely missed.

Comments

1. Steve’s last act of political fortitude was this piece he wrote on September 9th.

2. Steve Calabrese was a stand up kind of guy. Got to know him the past year. Our condolences and prayers go out to Steve and his family & friends! He will be truly missed. God’s Speed Steve!

3. Politics aside for the moment – my condolences to his family. How tragic to lose him at such a young age. My condolences also to his friends and colleagues here. It appears he was a much appreciated member of your community and will be missed by many.

4. Conservative American says:

I enjoyed Steve’s posts here and I will miss him. May he be enfolded in the loving arms of God.

5. Steve was one of the few conservatives who knew what the constitution actually SAID and MEANT.

Most conservatives wrap themselves in the flag and proclaimed love for the constitution but will **** on it as soon as it conflicts with their personal opinions.

I will really miss Steve and the principles on which he stood like a rock against so many faux conservatives.

• In yet, Steve would be one of the first people to defend the “big tent” of the Republican Party and the conservative movement and recognize that the witch trial to out “faux” conservatives was a damaging waste of time and effort

6. We disagree on here so often and routinely result to name calling and juvenile insults – myself included. At the very least, I would hope that this would serve as a lesson to all of what is truly important in life. The respect with which Steve always extended to those with whom he disagreed and those whom disagreed with him will be deeply missed. He was so kind and probably didn’t get enough credit for being one of the brightest minds and one of the most articulate writers in the local Arizona politics.

7. This saddens me to no end. Steve was definately one of the people I truly enjoyed debating with here at Sonoran Alliance, and even though we seldom saw eye to eye, I enjoyed what he had to say and how he had to say it. On a couple of occasions he even popped over to my Livejournal and dropped a kind word and a salient point.

Deepest condolences to his family and to his friends who knew him in real life.

8. Mike Triggs says:

Tiny – you are so right about Steve…our Big Tent is a bit smaller because of his passing. I scrolled thru recent posts and saw that he was posting here on SA right up to 6:30 last night. Apparently he went out doing something he enjoyed. Mike Triggs. (please note: if Conservative American has to post something about my support of gay marriage as is the case whenever my name pops up….this isn’t the time or place for your bullying comments)

• Conservative American says:

It isn’t the time or place for you to insert comments about me either. Just had to do it, didn’t you.

9. Nordine Crub says:

My condolances to Steve’s family. He will be missed here on this blog.

While we may have had disagreements on policy from time to time, Steve always treated me with respect.

10. Jennifer Patentreger says:

I was just joking around with Steve at the last LD22 election just a few weeks ago.
    A truly nice and funny guy. He will be missed.
    My sincerest condolences to the family.

11. Very sorry to hear that. Too young. Hope his family has a lot of support. Very tough. Condolences to his family and his friends.

12. Anson Clarkson says:

Steve had a special way about him. He could disagree without being disagreeable. He never hid who he was, even when he was writing.

13. nightcrawler says:

May God bless Steve’s family and friends in this most difficult time. Despite differing points of view, we are all passengers in the same bus of life. No one knows for sure when our stop will come, along the way enjoy the ride and the friends we meet. I very much enjoyed reading Steve’s posts, I know others did as well.

14. Eric Daniels says:

Dear friends of Steve,

As you know funerals are very expensive. A memorial account has been set up in Steve’s name at Wells Fargo Bank. The account number is 121000248. Deposits can be made at any WFB nation wide. Steve’s wife Cyndi, his two children and family greatly appreciate any donation. .

• Thanks Eric for that info. Anyone with a Wells Fargo account should be able to transfer funds online. The Wells Fargo routing number should be 122105278.

• Eric Daniels says:

(CORRECTION) If any friends would like to donate to the Steve Calabrese memorial account they can go into any WFB bank and deposit it to this account number: 6964590373 or if they would like to wire transfer money the number to use is: 121000248. Thank you. (Shane you helped me double check the number with your post–I’m guessing you knew that number was not the correct acct number)

15. Prayers for Steve and his family. Too young, too soon.

16. My condolences to Steve’s family and friends. Though we sometimes disagreed, I always appreciated his candor and intelligence. He was a stand-up guy.

17. Dennis Gilman says:

My condolences to the friends and family of Steve, I’m grateful that I had the opurtunity to meet him. Despite our political differances I found him to be an intellegent man who
    loved his country and community.

18. Gob Bless the Calabrese Family. He was a great example of a man who went out of his way to participate. He had a love and appreciation for this country and the political system that most people don’t have the time or interest to learn about. Steve’s family should know that many of us that only knew him as an acquaintance saw that he was a true patriot, and he will be missed.

19. I am shocked. It’s difficult to process, even. Steve was a constant reminder that we have more in common as Americans, than political differences as Republicans and Democrats. His passing is a great loss to our community. My heart goes out his family.

20. Eric Daniels says:

(CORRECTION) If any friends would like to donate to the Steve Calabrese memorial account they can go into any WFB bank and deposit it to this account number: 6964590373 or if they would like to wire transfer money the number to use is: 121000248. Thank you and please spread the word.

21. I was lucky to know Steve for 25 years and to say he will be missed is an understatement. A true American Patriot but more, he was a kindhearted and loyal man who will not be replaced in the lives of so many. Keep the political debate going and keep Steve in your prayers.