According to our readers, Jon Justice of Tucson’s 104.1 The Truth, earned the highest number of votes for “Best daily political talk radio in Arizona.” Congratulations Jon!
Here are the remaining results including vote counts:
- Jon Justice: 101 votes / 23.71%
- Mike Broomhead: 80 votes / 18.78%
- Clair “Van The Radio Man” VanSteenwyk: 73 votes / 17.14%
- Barry Young : 66 votes / 15.49%
- Jim Sharpe: 33 votes / 7.75%
- Other names: 18 votes / 4.23%
- Bruce St. James: 14 votes / 3.29%
- Chris DeSimone & Joe Higgins: 8 votes / 1.88%
- John C. Scott: 6 votes / 1.41%
- Steve Goldstein: 6 votes / 1.41%
- Mac & Gaydos: 6 votes / 1.41%
- Garret Lewis: 5 votes / 1.17%
- Jim Parisi: 5 votes / 1.17%
- Bill Buckmaster: 3 votes / 0.7%
- Russ Clark: 2 votes / 0.47%
The total number of votes cast was 426 votes which was our highest ranking poll since we began Friday polling several weeks ago. Keep in mind that these polls are not scientific and they do prevent repetitive voting based on a cookie and IP address.
It’s also important to note that the final results also attest to which radio program/host has an active social media following. Watching Facebook and Twitter, anyone could see that several of the personalities were asking their followers to vote.
Regarding the names on the list, we did our best to include every Arizona-based, daily, political talk show host from Tucson to Yuma and Phoenix to Flagstaff.
I have also listened to or met almost everyone on the list and will tell you that each one is unique and does a great job with their shows covering the issues, interviewing guests and entertaining listeners. I encourage our readers to make an effort to listen to their shows whenever possible.
For a graph of the final results click here.