Conservatives enraged at McCain win; support building for Independent candidate

A m e r i c a n  P o s t – G a z e t t e

Distributed by C O M M O N  S E N S E , in Arizona

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Conservatives planning to vote for any candidate but McCain

Disgusted over $25 million “win at all costs” scorched earth campaign against JD Hayworth

Repulsed by the dirty tricks and massive amounts of money McCain used from his prior presidential run with Palin for smear attacks against JD Hayworth, conservatives are looking for an alternative candidate to vote for in the general election. Some are looking at the Libertarian candidate, David Nolan. Others are flocking to Ian Gilyeat, a conservative Independent candidate. Unlike McCain, he supports repealing automatic birthright citizenship for the children of illegal immigrants. He is opposed to gay marriage, which McCain flip-flops on. He is in favor of tax breaks, unlike McCain who opposed them twice as “tax cuts for the rich.” He would follow the Cato Institute’s model to cut government regulations, unlike McCain. He is opposed to Cap and Trade, which McCain co-sponsored with Joe Lieberman. Will be interesting to see how much support he picks up from Republicans and Independents as his campaign picks up speed.

Join Our Mailing List

Comments

1. Only 53% against Glassman – that’s pathetic! Does anyone know who Glassman is? No and they don’t care. Yeah keep crowing about 53%! Be proud you boy lover! HAHAHA I remember the last time John Mccain was 53 – that was 30 yrs ago!

2. Michael Holliday says:

John McCain is one of the most divisive; hence, destabilizing politicians on the contemporary scene.

Because of his lack of moral vision, comprehension of the deeper issues and clear leadership, he has given America the great Maobama.

Because of his misunderstanding of the facts and clear and present danger, he will give us the amnesty of comprehensive immigration reform.

John McCain needs to lose this race as a lesson to those who would destroy the fabric of our society through their negligence, deceit and ignorance.

John McCain could get up and speak with a clear voice of leadership and patriotism but he won’t.

Let John McCain adopt JD Hayworth’s ten point plan and thank him for it. Then, and only then, will he be worthy of the cause: America’s survival as a Constitutional Republic with democratic tendencies…and all of them not so healthy.

3. Doris has a point, but we need conservatives to take back the Senate not RINOs.

Arizona conservatives need to think in terms of six years from now, and stop attaching to candidates just because they are on the Republican ticket.

4. OPERATION CHAOS ARIZONA says:

Hayworth Fans that horrible poll that fat boy refernced earlier has given us the solution. You want to really drive McCain and his arrogant followers crazy? You want to make them come grovelling to us? You want make that old fart beg J.D. to do an event with him? Start lying to all the pollsters you can find, and tell them that you will be supporting Rodney Glassman. You have to tell them Glassman; it is key that you not say the libertarian or the green party or whatever. We must drive Glassman’s poll numbers up, and Mcstain’s down so McLame and his sickophants are going crazy. Vote for Glassman – don’t vote for Glassman I don’t care, but make the polls go crazy! Operation Chaos Arizona version!!!! Please Hayworth fans spread the word. Please make this it’s own post! Hayworth fans get this plan to seeing red az. It’s time to show Johnny Mac that he needs us – not the other way around!!!

5. Oberserve says:

lol @ #35 CDNMR

“Comprehensive immigration reform is amnesty.” Whatever you and other people on this site think, one does not equal the other. ”

That’s what the great “conservative” Chris Cannon (UT-3) said. Conservatives since have retired Cannon and replaced him with Chaffetz.

So much for your analysis.

You probably believe the Manchurian Candidate is a great patriot! LOL

You know who it is!

6. Gilyeat is a man of integrity. He is truly a conservitive. He has worked as a consultant to my business and when he was spending my money he does it with thought and conservatively. Anytime I have consulted with him he has been very well thought out and always well researched. As a conservative who feels like the constitution should be followed and the government should end it’s wastefulness, and knowing him as a tool for my business success Gilyeat is a champ. He will get my vote and should be considered by every voter.

7. Frankly I didn’t like either one very much, but I’m also not going to throw my vote away with some off-ballot weenie.

@Michael Holliday for someone with a multiple degrees and military tactical experience, it sure doesn’t take a lot to send you over the deep end. You responded CDNMR’s one post two or three different times, and I’m not going to take the time out of my day to count the times you used the word ‘jackass’

By all means throw your vote away with a write-in candidate, it’s not like McCain didn’t get enough votes to bury Deakin and JD combined…and again, I don’t even like the guy that much.

8. Everyone needs to listen to my logic. You’re a traitor if you don’t support the Republican. Even if that Republican is David Duke. We must support Republicans at all costs. Who cares if they’re racist or anything. It’s Republican only or else you’re a bad person. You shouldn’t have free choice to vote for anyone who is not a Republican.

9. Michael Holliday says:

lmuGOP Says:
    August 27th, 2010 at 2:07 pm

_____

Please don’t mistake passion for the “deep end.” I assure you I’m nowhere near that end of the spectrum.

Actually, it was “galloping little jackass,” which is quite whimsical. Plus I threw in the Jacass TV picture link.

Dude. Chill and get some humor…

Peace.

10. Michael Holliday says:

The remaining conservative candidates, besides McCain, should have a get together and either debate or set forth their platforms. I’m interested in who’s out there.

Also, I’d like to know what the Democrat Glassman’s position on the illegal alien issue is.

Is he for comprehensive immigration reform?

I’m interested in who’s going to stop McCain’s amnesty. Is it a Dem? I doubt it, but thought I’d ask.

You know, for my country, respectively:

God.
    Family.
    Country.
    My Cat.
    My Band.
    The Republican Party.
    The Squirrel Down the Street.
    Plaid Pants, Golf Course Republicans.

11. WOW…60 comments. Pretty soon this post will have as many comments as JD got votes.

Get over it.

OR….

Go ahead and vote for some no-name-no-chance candidate. You will be throwing your vote away, But, man…you really showed that McCain!

Just like you did when you voted for JD or Deakin.

12. OPERATION CHAOS ARIZONA says:

Tell the pollsters you are voting for Glassman. Then when it becomes 53% Mccain to say 48% Glassman, instead of mocking us Ann will be begging us! MOCK THE MOCKERS! BEGIN OPERATION CHAOS ARIZONA VERSION!

13. 60 votes?? Did Lisa James get that many when she got trounced by Pullen?

14. If Lisa James had spent as much time out campaigning as she does writing for this blog as Molly Pitcher and Ann bashing conservatives, she might have beat Pullen.

15. Michael,

Your arrogant, self-agrandizing responses only serve to further my claims against you. Don’t worry, I’ve read some of what you written, and it doesn’t impress me. Your tone is off putting, your comments divisive, twisted half-truths, and I’m afraid you will have little success in persuading people to join your radical line of thinking.

16. She would have needed at least as much money as McCain to win. Some republican cannot be bought.

17. OPERATION CHAOS ARIZONA says:

Real Clear Politics Average McCain v. Glassman
    4/12 – 8/25 — 49.3 29.3 McCain +20.0
    Rasmussen Reports 8/25 – 8/25 500 LV 53 31 McCain +22
    PPP (D) 4/23 – 4/25 813 LV 49 33 McCain +16
    Behavior Research Center 4/12 – 4/25 666 RV 46 24 McCain +22

Look at these poll numbers – they are awful for McCain. 53% against a no-name Tucson city-council member. Holy #$%^&. And why are they low – because Hayworth voters haven’t gotten over it as Ann put it. But they are expecting that, and that’s why they still treat us like garbage. Because they figure we’ll get over it and have to vote for McAmnesty. Well what if we don’t just get over it? What if when they robo-call, and ask for polls on the internet we protest? And we protest the most effective way we can, not by saying we are voting for some third party guy who they aren’t even polling against. But by saying we are voting for McCain’s main opponent. We lie, as well as McCain lies to all of us. We drive the poll numbers for glassman so high, that McCain has to come grovelling with his ugly smile and yellow teeth. We make him so scared that he won’t know which direction to run, the middle, the left or the right. It’s what I’m doing. Now who’s with me?

18. Hey Mole, you have to give Lisa James some credit. She’s completely ruined her reputation among conservatives due to her endless cheerleading for John McCain on this blog. Granted he was paying her consulting firm big bucks. But it will shut her firm out of a lot of future consulting opportunities. I’ve had a couple of people privately say to me that they will never hire her firm due to the tremendous disrespect she has shown for others in the party, she can’t play fair with others who don’t buy into her Rhino views.

19. Travis #58, # 64, #68 is one of the Pullen/Haney henchmen. They hate anyone who doesn’t agree with them. They also hate anyone who is not willing to take down the whole AZGOP if things don’t go their way.

They take other people’s names and then abuse the comments section because they are irrationally angry and don’t know what else to do.

Jane – before you accuse me of being a bully and so you can stop hyperventilating, let me clarify: I will be watching as a PC. I will confront all of you lunatics at a meeting – with words only. That’s how I do things – rationally.

20. Michael Holliday says:

# CDNMR Says:
    August 27th, 2010 at 3:16 pm

Michael,

______

Me: Give my your e-mail and I’ll send you some radio clips that will really get your blood boiling. I’m not a politician, though I did do some talk radio. You might like to hear me in action, what I sound like, handing a liberal his a**. Probably not, but I’ll send you a clip if you hit me up.

radioholliday@yahoo.com

Really, coming from you, I could care less. You’re typical in that you give no analysis, only generalizations. You’re my worst favorite critic because you really give me no authentic, specific criticism.

You: Keep on patting yourself on the back, though. Keep telling yourself that your way of thinking is the absolute truth, and that no one else can possibly be right.

Me: Hey, just enlighten me. Show me anything that you’ve written or at least contest what I have written on COMMITMENT WITH AMERICA. I mean specifics. You don’t like my analysis of Maobama’s situational ethics? Prove me wrong. Cite an example.

You: As a last thought, I’d like to remind you that I consider myself a very conservative person- a Goldwater-esque conservative. I’m not the enemy, yet you treat anyone who reasonably disagrees with you as such. We should be able to debate differences within the conservative momvement without hyperventilating.

Me: We need passion. We need authenticity. We need to muster all of our faculties to do what is right.

By the way, you might like my radio interviews with Don Goldwater, when he was running for Governor. Hit me up, I’ll send you some clips.

Once again, please criticize me and even attack me, but use specific examples of my analysis that you want to contest. Not ad hominem but against my critiques.

I really don’t think you get what I’m saying…

21. Lisa James does NOT write for Sonoran Alliance.

– Sonoran Alliance

22. Travis #69 Says: ” I will be watching as a PC. I will confront all of you lunatics at a meeting – with words only. That’s how I do things – rationally.”

Travis you have a tool to use:

B. Endorsements of Non-Republican Candidates
    No member of the MCRC shall lend an endorsement to a non-Republican candidate in any election. Should a MCRC member endorse a non-Republican, that MCRC member will lose his voting privileges, including proxies, for the rest of his term.

Source: Page 18 – MCRC Bylaws

23. You’re entirely too quick to flatter yourself Travis, the matter of “bullying” is symbolic and the only one hyperventilating is the same one who wrote wah wah wah….I’m “tired of taking second place.” First, it would be interesting to know how to classify that little tantrum; second, you seem to have a tad too much ego in this game. But realizing brown-nosing didn’t involve a lot of credit hours and sheep are naturally slow on the uptake, what if we let you in on a little secret? SSSShhhh….the GOP won’t fold and the sky won’t fall if McCain is not on the Senate floor in January. What’s more, I know there are several new PCs this term, and they are bright enough NOT to tell you anything.

24. Jane – You’re projecting.

25. ………………………..
    Ann Says:
    August 27th, 2010 at 2:56 pm

Get over it.

OR….

Just like you did when you voted for JD or Deakin.
    ……………………..

See? McCainiacs are now mocking anyone who voted Deakin, while yesterday the “I voted for Deakin, but NOW I’ll do the right thing and get behind and unity and vote for McCain” pose was the innovative pitch.

Given the high falutin’ talk of the Deakiniacs, I truly expected them to be aruging Deakin for Indie vote or “Write-in,” NOT “vote McCain!” But, no. It’s “Vote McCain.”

If they really felt that way about it, why didn’t they simply save everyone, including Deakin, the trouble and “vote McCain” in the primary?

Lying produces multiple story lines, hard to keep from getting entangled in them.

26. Michael Holliday says:

I supported the most likely candidate to stop McCain’s suicidal rush to amnesty for illegal aliens: JD Hayworth.

I will continue to seek out and support the most likely candidate to stop McCain’s suicidal rush to amnesty for illegal aliens: whomever that may be.

Let’s see who’s the most viable candidate to oppose McCain’s suicidal drive for amnesty for illegal aliens. Is it a Dem? Is it a Repub? Is it a Liber? Is it an Indepen?

Who is this hero that will oppose the (politically speaking) anti-hero McCain?

Who will oppose the (politically speaking) anti-hero McCain from working to undermine the dynamic essence, will and spirit that made America great in the face of compromising, affluent, arrogant, narcissistic, elitist kings, queens, soulless bureaucrats and politicians?

27. Comment by JPD 19 hours ago Getting rid of McCain; a Donkey in an Elephant suit: wouldn’t a Donkey in a Donkey suit be easier to ride?

The Senate seat is only one seat (1 of 100) where the real power/control is in the House under appropriations. We need to focus on GOTV for winning the US House races, putting the majority in the R column. Who cares about the Senate other than McCain doesn’t represent his party within so does it matter if it’s him or a D or an I sitting there? Get him gone at any cost!

McCain wants our vote; demand that he sign the pledge to resign if elected and recalled – sign it by September 10, 2010.

Ask the same of Glassman, where Glassman may well sign it– sign it by September 10, 2010.

Ask Gilyeat to sign it.

Will someone tell me what the difference is between McCain and Glassman other than age? Will they vote any different from one another on critical issues we are concerned about? Aren’t they one in the same? Do we really want to remove McCain?

As there is no true difference between Mc and Glass other than the R/D Senate count, our choices are:
    1. get on the ball for Gilyeat as a write in, a long shot.
    2. hold the nose and vote for McCain.
    3. hold the nose and vote for Glassman.

The easiest and surest way to remove McCain would be voting for Glassman.

Do the math.

Do YOU want to shove SHOVE the Republican Party to the right, bounce it off the left.

The only thing we have to lose is not losing McCain.

As I’m not voting for McCain and I will cast a vote, please decide who I’m voting for: Glassman or Gilyeat.

ARIZONA ARTICLE 2. MEMBERS OF CONGRESS

19-221. Statement on recall in Arizona

* A. Prior to a primary or any election, a candidate for the office of United States senator, or representative in Congress, may file with the secretary of state a statement addressed to the people as follows:
    * “If elected to the office (here name the office) I shall deem myself responsible to the people and under obligation to them to resign immediately if not re-elected on a recall vote”,
    o or: “If elected to the office (here name the office) I shall not deem myself under obligation to the people to resign if not re-elected by a recall vote.”
    * B. The secretary of state shall give the statement to the public press when made.

19-222. Pledge to resign subject to recall

* A. A United States senator or representative in Congress who has pledged himself to the people and under obligation to them to resign immediately if not re-elected upon a recall vote shall be subject to the laws of the state relating to recall of public officers, and may be recalled and his successor elected in like manner as a state officer.
    * B. The laws of the state relating to recall of state officers and recall elections are made applicable to the recall of a senator or representative.

28. Michael Holliday says:

There are some interesting ideas on here for ousting McCain.

I’m willing to consider “whatever it takes” to oust McCain. Legally and ethically, of course.

This man needs to be sent far away from any center of power where he cannot do any more damage to Western Civilization with his reckless actions.

He gave us Maobama by campaigning for him and would not fight for the presidency. He will; however, fight and pledge what remains of his political honor for amnesty for illegal aliens — at all costs.

If you want to see a ferocious beast fighting like a madman with every ounce, every fiber and sinew of his remaining strength, watch the moral violence of John McCain savagely tearing, punching, kicking and clawing to make sure that every illegal alien is granted comprehensive immigration reform amnesty citizenship…all 25 million of them and their 2-4 family members.

Sure, he’ll make them do ten Jumping Jacks and promise they’ll do a few Situps to merit the privilege, but you know the government won’t enforce it.

Meanwhile, Politburo big chief Socialist Czar, Big Sis Napolitano, will install more highway cameras, in addition to the millions of city cams to monitor your every move — Soviet style: http://www.suntimes.com/news/cityhall/2641418,daley-homeland-security-cameras-082619.article

Go figure. More horrors of the liberal mind. Yes, McCain’s a lib.

29. SciTeach3 says:

It truly amazes me how we Republicans are so quick to cut off our nose to spite our face. There is no way whatsoever a 3rd party candidate is going to win the Senate race so any vote other than McCain will be the exact same thing as voting for Glassman.

Yes I get it most of the people on this blog cannot stand McCain (and I am not a big fan either) but unless you want to ensure the Democrats hold on to the Senate you have to hold your nose and vote McCain.

For those of you who say “I have to vote my conscience” and cannot vote McCain…grow up. That kind of naive thinking is basically reserved for undergraduate college students who have no clue how the real word runs.

30. Michael Holliday says:

So I guess we’ve got two candidates that are going to grant amnesty. There’s nothing we can do.

It’s a fait accompli. It’s over? That’s it?

I can’t vote for McCain. I simply cannot do it.

Since we’re going to get the same thing with a McCain or Glassman we’ve got two choices: Vote Glassman to make an example for other Republicans or go for a third candidate, which might throw the race to Glassman, anyway.

The other alternative would be to get Glassman to sign a pledge never to grant amnesty. I’m sure a bunch of conservatives would jump on that bandwagon.

John McCain, thanks for the pain and anguish and suffering you are causing.

If you got up and said I’m for comprehensive immigration enforcement, enough is enough, you’d probably be President in two years…

Amazing how dumb you can be…

31. Jim's Shipmate says:

All,

Wow, why didn’t you put this much energy into getting out the vote for your candidate?

A vote for anybody other than McCain is a vote for Obama, Pelosi and Reid. Likewise you want sit this one out and give the Dems another two years? Pull your head out take a deep breath, stop tossing sticks and stones – get to work for your country.

32. ……………..
    Jim’s Shipmate Says:
    August 30th, 2010 at 11:55 am
    All,

A vote for anybody other than McCain is a vote for Obama, Pelosi and Reid
    …………..

The Arizona dialect “Maverick’ is translated into Beltway English as ‘Democrat’.
    So HOW does that help again?

33. Karl Schill says:

If we hope to win the House and Senate we must
    support the Ticket.The voters have spoken so stop your wining. Keep doing what you have been
    and the Dem’s will retain control.
    I don’t like McCain but will vote for him in November.

34. Ian said to the unofficialview.net:

If the Federal Government won’t defend its citizens then Arizona can organize and deploy their own military force, under direction of the Governor in order to repel invasions.

The Senate has an obligation to represent the States. If the Governor of Arizona organizes and deploys a military force along the southern border I will defend and support her/his Constitutional right to do so.