Mark Levin on JD Hayworth vs. John McCain

On Monday, June 28, 2010, conservative talk show host and best selling author delivered a scathing monologue on John McCain at the same time he reaffirmed his commitment to and endorsement of JD Hayworth.

YouTube Preview Image

Comments

1. Excellent video response. Mark Levin is awesome and tells it like it is!

2. Jacklyn M. says:

I want to hear what he has to say but I can’t stand his whiny voice who sounds like he is doing a show from his living room.

I know he is a solid conservative, although I hear he is for J.D., so we can’t all be right all the time. :)

3. I’m willing to concede Mark Levin, all of MSNBC and both of the other Arizona celebrity politicos to Hayworth.

McCain will take all the elected officials, all the former Hayworth colleagues, all the law enforcement, all the small business endorsements, all the vet support and many, many others AND the majority of the voters in Arizona.

Yep, JD is welcome to put Mark Levin in his corner. Good luck with that. (It should be good for about $11 in donations, too.)

4. Iris Lynch says:

Just human nature. A spouse cheats on you innumerable times, but he has got all the money and power. What can a poor girl do, but vote for the cheater again, knowing his cheating ways will never end. We get what we deserve.

Of course there are NO guarantees the other guy won’t cheat on you too..but taking such a chance is too scary. Better to know the devil we have than the unknown.

AS for me, I am still willing to take chances. Go JD.

5. These folks make their living by having followers. Book buyers. Listeners that please advertisers. The market is heavy with competitors and carving out a niche of folks that will meet your needs is a smart ploy.

Levin, while I have no issue with his right, is doing what people in his job do.

Good for him!

Beck rails against JD, Levin supports him. Opiners just doing their job and getting paid for it.

Unlike actual Arizona voters who support John McCain over JD by 2 to 1.

6. Thank you for posting this.

7. Walt Stephenson says:

It’s MSNBC Mark against Fox’s Beck. HMMMMM I vote for Fox.

8. Walt,

Another way you can look at it is Liberty & Tyranny / Men In Black vs. Common Sense / Arguing with idiots.

Then again, JD also has Michell Malkin and Culture of Corruption, Invasion & Unhinged: Exposing Liberals Gone Wild!.

I’d like to hope Beck will be back in JD’s corner once he realizes what’s at stake and how unaccountable McCain would be if he gets re-elected.

9. Nope, I’m willing to give Beck as a bonus. Take him now. We’re good with what we have.

10. Michael Holliday says:

Mark Levin is a Constitutional scholar that served under Ronald Reagan.

Glenn Beck is an entertaining guy that got caught up in a company that was sheisting people on inflated gold bid ask spreads.

Mark Levin has forgotten more about conservative politics and positions than Glenn Beck knows.

‘Nuff said!

11. Whoa! Mark Levin is for JD? OH MY GOSH!!! I’m switching over to the Hayworth camp.

12. Jane 001 says:

I’ve noticed an increase in radio ads from the McCain camp. It’s a safe bet that if he’s accusing JD of anything, he’s guilty of the same and/or worse, http://bit.ly/cLprKR. It’s a no-brainer as to which candidate would be more faithful to Arizona and conservative issues when the Scott Rothsteins, Ted Kennedys, Russell Feingolds, Joe Liebermans, and Barack Obamas, John Kerry, Henry Waxman, and Ed Markey all in the McCain corner. McCain has done the most hurt to the GOP and single-handedly strangled legislation that supported conservative values and our the strength of our economy.

13. Jacylin:

You appreciate Mark Levin as he’s a conservative yet you’re in the tank for McCain.

What has John done for conservatism since entering congress over a quarter century ago?

I notice that Mark has answered the drivel that Ann, Travis, LD17, you and Horst have thrown J.D.’s way but you folks as ever, have stayed away from the issues and ideology which separate the candidates!

Why?

Is there something to hide?

14. No one can really make a substantive argument against what Levin is saying. To the McCain supporters on this board, what do you support? Was it the bailout? Cap and trade? Did you oppose the Bush tax cuts? I’d like to see someone here (GOPrano?) defend this. McCain supporters aren’t really making thoughtful arguments on his specific positions.

15. Dragon Lady says:

@Joe M – so true! McCain and his McCainiacs are using liberal tactics of name-calling and mud-flinging. JD has been trying to stick with the issues – while McCain avoids them. McCain’s RECORD on the issues is horrific. Look at the legislation McCain has SPONSORED. McCain keeps pointing to JD votes on HUGE appropriations bills. But McCain has sponsored/authored/and championed McCain-Feingold, McCain-Kennedy, and Cap-and-Trade. J.D. on the other hand authored the Bush Tax cuts (which McCain opposed and voted against) and the Enforcement First Act which mirrors SB1070 but McCain introduced it in 2005 in Congress so ALL states would enforce immigration laws!

16. Carlist says:

Dragon Lady:

“Character Counts” is little more than a cover to assassinate that of your opponent!

And that has been the essence of McSlime’s whole campaign!

As I’ve posted before, John is little more than a walking “Fifth Column” for the liberal agenda setters within the G.O.P.

Do you ever wonder why the Dems never run an electable candidate against him?

He’s too valuable to them!

17. If McCain wins the primary, he will be teaming up with Lindsey Graham and the democrats by September. Then they can hurry up and get amnesty and cap and trade through right after the November election. The dems will have nothing to lose since they will be lame ducks. McCain knows he isn’t planning on running again due to age and this will be his last chance to get his true agenda done.

18. wanumba says:

……………….
    Jacklyn M. Says:
    June 30th, 2010 at 6:19 am
    ………………..

That’s a new excuse for shutting off inconvenient inputs. Usually depicted as the second monkey in a set of three, hands over eyes, over ears, over mouth.

19. wanumba says:

SO, what’s the issue with the infomercials? This is what we’ve gleaned so far: JD, who is a broadcaster by first profession, was hired legally by a company to advertise their product, which was basically a service fee for getting people hooked up with government grants?

JD’s fault was that he should have known better? So, what’s McCain’s excuses for everything he’s should have known better instead of foisting on us ALL for decades?

Oh, yes. “FORGET ABOUT MY RECORD and vote for me ANYWAY.”

20. Michael Holliday says:

# Bill Says:
    June 30th, 2010 at 11:05 am

Me: Please do. We have a special position for you lined up.
    _____

Bill: I mean, Mark friggin’ LEVIN. MARK LEVIN! He’s Thomas Jefferson, Patrick Henry and Dutch Reagan all rolled into one.

Me: Well, I think he’s a Constitutional scholar and successful national talk show host. Probably not as smart, educated and successful as you, Bill, with your high school education and chip on your shoulder, but you know…not many people are.
    _____

Bill: Wow. This. Is. Awesome. I’m taking the day off. Time to go walk some neighborhoods for JD.
    _____

Me: That’s not what we had in mind for you for the JD campaign. No. We have something even more in line with your talents, education and abilities: At the JD victory celebration party, you’re gonna dress up like Boofball the Magic clown and make those animal balloon shapes for the kids.

Then, you’ll be the guy who we toss pies at and throw bean bags at for the Dunking Tank during our happy celebration fiesta.

Then, finally, at the end one the night, when we’ve all feasted and celebrated JD’s win over McCain, we’ll play Pin the Tail on the Donkey, with you being the donkey!

Then, we’ll have the final bash with you hanging from the backyard Oak Tree playing the starring role as the John McCain Amensty Pinata!

All the kids can whap you upside your head with a Wiffle Ball Bat until the candy pours out of your head and everyone’s jumping up and down scampering for treats and having a great time!

It’s going to be simply delightful! I can’t wait! Thanks for volunteering! :-)

21. Carlist says:

Mike Halladay:

Why should we pick on poor Bill!

We can always have “The John” himself for our “party animal”!

22. It surly seems to me that John McCain has spent alot of money to shift the debate from what he has or hasen’t done for the great people of Arizona, to what activities JD has done. If all John McCain had done was to make a info commercial or brought 600 million dollars to Arizona I would be inclined to vote for him….BUT… what he has done TO Arizona was support ILLEGAL IMAGRATION, SUPPRESSION OF FREE SPEECH during elections, and give more and more power to the federal gov’t through back door deal’s with Ted Kennedy during HAPPY HOUR. John McCain has lived in the crack house of Washington D.C. for too long and has hit the PIPE of self indulgence for self gain and personal greed. I believe we need to move John McCain to spending & power grabing REHAB on August 24th. That’s my story and I’m stick’in to it.

23. Mark Levin…lol.

Here is my Mark Levin impersonation…

Hey jackass, stop being such a jackass…HHHAHAHAHAHA.

What a genius.

24. I have to laugh at the comments posted by McCain’s supporters. Like lemmings, you are willing to follow McCain right into the abyss. The argument that he is one of the most influential members of Congress is the very reason we need to get rid of him and all the other entrenched politicians. We need to clean the slate and start with a new batch of conservatives we can hold accountable. I’ve trusted McCain with my vote in the past and what did it get me? Defenseless borders, an attempted passage of amnesty in the night, a recommendation that Gitmo be closed and let’s not forget support for Cap and Trade and the list goes on and on. Given his track record, I would have to be a moron to re-elect this guy. Consequently, I’m going to cast my vote for J.D. this time. He will not support amnesty, he does not support Cap and Trade and he will do whatever is necessary to secure our borders. No candidate is perfect but when I contrast McCain and Hayworth, it’s a “no brainer.” Hayworth is the most logical choice. He has committed to fight for the conservative cause and we can hold him accountable if he fails. I just can’t take a gamble on McCain…there is too much at stake!

25. I hope Michael gets hired to write all JD’s mailers. It’s probably too much to hope for…

26. Dear Dragon Lady…Let me just point out a few things that Ifind fault with in your post. I may not be super politically savvy, but I have read enough and watched enough to know that your posts are JD’s talking points against McCain and not exactly truth (while we have come to expect lies from JD) You make mention of McCain mudslinging- is that what you call bringing the truth to the public? You say JD has been trying to stick with the issues – The ONLY issue JD talks about is McCain and the only words out of his mouth is immigration… I suppose if government was only about immigration that would be one thing, but govt is about oh so much more..while McCain avoids them. You claim that McCain’s RECORD is not what you are in favor of- you are incorrect about facts in your opinion…Look at the legislation Cap-and-Trade NOT cap and TAX!!! I just read an article again the other day about what Cap and Trade was originally about from the GOP and it was what McCain was referring to NOT what this administration created. McCain did not jump on board the Bush Tax cuts and can you blame McCain? McCain actually knows how to add 2+2! McCain is far more fiscally conservative then JD no matter which way you cut it.

27. McCain is supported by everyone of JD’s colleagues in the Arizona delegation, including Shaddegg & Franks who know the real JD, and a 26 point deficit in a major poll and the best they can hope for is Mark Levin?

Hey, I like to listen to and read Levin and I appreciate his dialogue.

On this one…he is wrong.

Most voters in Arizona couldn’t tell you who Mark Levin is…irrelevant in the big scheme of things.

28. I can tell you that at least one of JD Hayworth’s congressional colleagues will NOT be voting for John McCain and instead voting for JD.

Based on other primary elections taking place across the country, endorsements are not playing big in 2010 so I guess Levin, Beck or any other name is irrelevant.

29. johny d. goodes says:

CHARACTER COUNTS
    A bunch of characters counting the taxpayers bucks being on the McCain payroll and writing on blogs

CHARACTER COUNTS
    A another group of characters donating to McCain for their future payoff of earmarks and contracts.

30. Michael Holliday says:

Ann Says:
    June 30th, 2010 at 8:56 pm

_____

At least one guy running for congress told me he was doing it out of loyalty not because he agrees McCain is the better candidate.

Politics within politics…you know.

It’s the people’s endorsement that JD needs most. And he’s getting it!

31. DSW Says:
    June 30th, 2010 at 11:43 pm

——-

Then, what’s the value of this post?

32. Carlist says:

By Ann’s criteria for renomination, Bob Bennett should’ve cleaned up in Utah!

What happened kid?

33. Constance says:

I like Mark Levin AND Glenn Beck. There’s a reason Levin doesn’t like Beck, and although I don’t quite get it, I’ll trust he has a good reason. Levin is brilliant although rough-edged. You gotta have a thick skin to listen to him because he pulls no punches. Frankly, I find that pretty cool. As for McCain/Hayworth… I’m not voting for McCain again, period. Enough already. He screwed over conservatives many, many, many times, and his weakness to stand up and fight against President Big Ears by just telling it like it is ended up putting that idiot into office. Hayworth had my vote from day one. I didn’t even have to think about it.

34. McCain is a career politician and has been in office too long. I’m really sorry that Buzz Mills dropped out of the race, but it is a dirty business. McCain needs to go as all incumbents do–it’s way past time.

35. I have a problem with the overall premise of your article but I still think its really informative. I really like your other posts. Keep up the great work. If you can add more video and pictures can be much better. Because they help much clear understanding. :) thanks Josefa.