Got to give credit where credit is due. While the State, DPS and Redflex (a foreign corporation) will never acknowledge the guys at camerafraud.com nor Arizonans Citizens Against Photo Radar, the State of Arizona has ended their contract with Redflex and the 24×7 streaming video recorders (aka photo radar cameras) on the highways of Arizona are coming down.
Unfortunately, the video recorders on the highways only represent 10% of all photo radar on the streets in Arizona. Therefore, their ballot initiative is actively continuing to collect signatures in order to ensure that the remaining 90% of these streaming video surveillance devices and revenue generators (which actually increase accident rates) get taken down permanently.
In other words, by ending the contract, the state has effectively done next to nothing for Arizona citizens. A big THANK YOU to camerafraud.com and Arizona Citizens Against Photo Radar for continuing the fight to bring down the 90% of video recording cameras that will remain on Arizona’s streets after the Reflex cameras on the highways come down in July.