Hayworth Urges Arizonans to Action on Obamacare

JD Hayworth for US Senate

For Immediate Release: Friday March 19, 2010

PHOENIX, AZ (March 19) – Republican U.S. Senate candidate J.D. Hayworth, Arizona’s Consistent Conservative, today called on Arizona voters to join him in bringing ObamaCare to a halt:

“As Arizonans, you and I have an important stake in what this runaway Congress is voting on – or trying to pass without voting on, as the case may be. Our own Democrat representatives in Congress from Arizona – Gabrielle Giffords, Raul Grijalva, Ann Kirkpatrick, Harry Mitchell and Ed Pastor – need to hear from you, early, often and now!

“Urge them in the strongest terms that you oppose the disastrous, expensive and unconstitutional federal takeover of our health care system being imposed on America this weekend by Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the Obama administration.

“Besides extending the grasp of the Washington bureaucrats into the most intimate aspects of our lives and giving them effective control of one-sixth of our economy, their scheme would cut $500 billion from Medicare and impose massive reductions in Veterans’ health care. It is a lethal combination of new agencies, complex new rules and unrestrained spending that will jeopardize our nation’s fragile recovery from recession.

“This weekend’s vote represents an added $4 billion in costs to our state over the next decade – money Arizona can’t afford for programs Arizonans don’t need.”

For more information, please visit www.JDforSenate.com.

- 30 -

Comments

1. Stephen Kohut says:

todd,

The difficulty you are having is that there is an unresolvable conflict between being endowed by our Creator with an inalienable right to life and the supposition that abortion is somehow OK.

Our founding fathers and the foundation of our nation is based on those inalienable rights we were gifted by our Creator. Without that foundation people have no right to anything, life, property, freedom, because rights would be at the whim of those in power/government and not something which cannot be taken from you. Do you beleive your rights are an inalienable gift from your Creator or an alienable creation of government that could be removed by a stroke or a pen or the muzzle of a rifle? Which do you choose? I know which one I choose.

2. The Klute Says:
    March 22nd, 2010 at 7:07 am
    wanumba,

“Better that than a piss-poor Catholic.”

And you’re standing in judgement of me because you are a Catholic? Or is this another one of your arrogant presumptions?

Here’s a question: Do you believe Catholics are Christians?
    ……..

You can answer that yourself. How many people in the pews actually live by the Ten Commandments?

DO you?
    Thou shalt not bear false witness.
    Thou shalt not murder.
    Thou shalt not covet.

Socialism and redistribution is institutionalized covetousness. Lies have been spoken to deceive the people and nurder will be institutionalized as “health care.”

Todd wants to dodge the charge of murder by using the old Southern slaver rational. “If the person isn’t a PERSON, then he don’t TECHNICALLY qualify for human rights.” The unborn baby has been stripped of his or her natural rights bestowed upon each one by God.

As far as putting words in my mouth that I didn’t speak, I have NO power to judge anyone. You have nothing to worry about from me. It’s the Lord God Almighty who sits in judgment of you. If you think you have the balls to stand up to Him on your day of reckoning, go right ahead and try. So, don’t whine about anyone who simply cautioned you. If it makes you squirm, that’s between you and God and if you took this seriously, you’d want to rectify that with Him. I’m not part of this, so it’s a waste of time railing at me or anyone else who mentions this.

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform mnay miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me you evildoers!”

Laughing at the murder of babies? Making excuses for the dismembering of living beings inside their mother’s womb? Forcing people who abhore this to pay for it against their will?

3. wanumba and Stephen – I said I am unsure on when it can be said that a person exists but all I hear from you are assertions. I am more than willing to hear arguments that the single cell embryo is a person the same as you and I and that its destruction is the same as murder, but I have yet to hear a convincing argument on that point especially one that doesn’t revolve around religious convictions. So if you have one, make it.

4. Todd,
    Why are you unsure? Reality check?
    Abortion uses several techniques, burn the living child out by corrosive saline solution, poison the living child out by targeted poison, cutting the baby into parts and extracting the limbs, and jabbing forceps into the brain stem.

Doesn’t sound very “healthy” or “healthcare-like” does it? What’s it doing in a bill touted as “improving the healthcare of the American People?”

And you are all tied up in a whiny “Is it a person? I can’t figure it out. It’s SO complicated.”

Yah? Really? It’s not your arms and legs being sawed off, so suck it up, and admit you just don’t care as long as it ain’t YOU who’s being killed on some selfish pretense of “can’t afford” or “not ready” or “career comes first” or “we wanted a girl, not a boy.” Which of course never happens, everyone wants sons if they have to choose, so abortion is decimating the ranks of the females faster than males. Women’s Liberation! Feminism! A unique final solution to the problem of discrimination against women. No women, no discrimination. Problem solved.

Interesting thing about the sin of lying. It is always associated with another sin – as a cover up for a planned sin or coverup after the other sin has been committed.

5. Stephen Kohut says:

todd,

When a human embryo in a woman results in the birth of a chicken, cow, fish, etc. from said same woman let me know. You start with and end with a human. Either a human has been endowed with inalienable rights by its Creator or not. You believe A or B. You don’t get to pick A when it’s convenient and then switch to B when that makes you feel better. If you pick rights than abortion is murder. If you pick no rights than murder does not exist.

6. wanumba,

“You can answer that yourself.”

I’m asking you… Do you, wanumba, believe Catholics are Christians?

“How many people in the pews actually live by the Ten Commandments?”

No one can. We can try, but because we’re human, we fail. Hence the reason for Jesus’ sacrifice.

“I have NO power to judge anyone.”

Sure you do, that’s part of being a functional human being – we take the data we recieve, we process it, and we then judge the data.

You’ve taken the information you know about me and you called me a piss-poor Catholic (which, incidentally, my Catholicism wasn’t an issue here until you brought it up in post #6).

Which is fine (in the sense you’re allowed to do that). I reject your judgement because you base it strictly on my politics and the fact you don’t like me. Which again, fine, you’re not obligated to like me.

But don’t mistake my thumb in your eye as my thumb in GOD’s eye. You’re not God, and your posts sometimes make me doubt that you know Him.

“You have nothing to worry about from me. It’s the Lord God Almighty who sits in judgment of you.”

As I said: “I sleep very well at night with my politics, my faith, and the judgement I will face”. I’m not worried about you.

7. If you ever get the chance to see an unborn baby on the new 3D ultrasound, you will see how silly you are to act like it isn’t a real baby. That is why almost every women who has a 3D ultrasound done decides not to abort the baby. When Roe vs Wade became law this technology wasn’t available and some people were deceived. There is no doubt now and people knowingly kill their children now. They will have to answer to God for that and we will answer if we don’t protect those that can’t protect themselves.

8. wanumba and Stephen,
    I must say, neither of you have presented an actual argument but continued to either simply assert your position or hurl insults. It seems to me either you can’t offer an actual argument or you feel if one does not already agree with your position you don’t want to.

9. DeAnn,
    The question I am asking it to provide an argument why the single-cell embryo at the moment of conception should be considered a human as you or I and destroying it amounts to murder. Can you provide an argument for that position?

10. Stephen Kohut says:

todd,

The argument and reasoning has been provided and either you disagree with it or you want to ignore it while at the same time stating that you are not sure when human life begins. Since you want to ignore my argument, how about you tell me how you start with life that is not human and end up with life that is human. You turn.

11. Stephen,
    I’m sorry I don’t see what you claim is an argument in your post – is it the part where you say when a woman gives birth to a goat you might question that a single-cell embryo is a human? I don’t see the point of your argument about inalienable rights, since the question isn’t about rights but about whether a single-cell embryo is a human. I mean a fertilized chicken egg isn’t a chicken nor a fertilized fish egg a fish – or would you argue that they are?

12. nightcrawler says:

I think splitting hairs is a waste of time.

Just call it like it is. Abortion is murder.

As I mentioned in another thread, there is a certain amount of hypocrisy in the Pro-life movement.

Bombs that kill innocent children in foreign lands are murder. Killing a man or women on death row, even if they have repented and found God, is murder.

Drinking and driving thereby killing a family on the road, is murder.

Denying a person health care need to save their life is murder.

Stephen your “law” argument (see other thread) does not hold. Either life is sacred or it is not. You can’t choose who lives and who dies, whether embryo or adult and claim to be Pro-life.

Personally I have come to accept that we, as most nations and humans throughout history are a murderous lot depending on the justification at hand. Just own it.

13. Stephen Kohut says:

nightcrawler,

The commandment is “You shall not murder” it is not “you shall not kill”. If God had meant kill it would say kill. That is a huge distinction between murder and killing that you are ignoring.

14. nightcrawler says:

How Clintonion of you Stephen..

Ending life by any name is still the same result.

15. nightcrawler,
    While I agree with you that many things should be called murder, the Bible is filled with stories of horrific killings supposedly sanctioned by the God of the Bible so I don’t see how one could claim that all killing is wrong if one accepts the truth of the Bible.

The Bible would be the last place I would look for arguments supporting not killing others.

16. nightcrawler Says:
    March 22nd, 2010 at 7:20 pm
    I think splitting hairs is a waste of time.
    Just call it like it is. Abortion is murder.

Drinking and driving thereby killing a family on the road, is murder.

Denying a person health care need to save their life is murder.

…..

Wow. Hate to be in front of a judge like you who can’t distinguish right from wrong while accusing other people of hypocrisy.

Our laws split hairs rather neatly – differentiating between FIRST DEGREE MURDER which is a result of a premeditated stalking and attack as in “cold blood,”
    SECOND DEGREE MURDER – not planned, but in the “heat of the moment,” or part of another crime, such as a fight or an armed robbery. And lastly, MANSLAUGHTER – accidental death.

The penalities are different to take into account the henious nature or accidental nature of the act or action.

But how is it murder to execute a “born-again Christain” who committed premeditated murder before coming to CHrist?

The victim “born again,” too?

A “born-again” Christian would be the first person to acknowledge the correctness of the punishment for such a crime. “Born-again” is not a free ticket to dodge earthly justice as determined by investigation, a fair trial, and jury verdict. Society does have the right to protect itself and a duty to protect its citizens, and the victim and or survivors have a right to proper justice. Life imprisonment of murderers is not without risks, they can be freed later or actually go on to commit more murders in prison and it costs society a great deal of money and resources to maintain people who do have proved they are a danger to other people.

“Born again” means eternal life after death, so “death has lost its sting.”
    There are many people who have completely repented of their evil ways while facing the death penalty, but there are many who didn’t. Regret, perhaps, repent, no. Two different things altogether.

Think of the abuse as suddenly the entire death row gets “religion” perceiving it’s a ticket off the queue. One can lie extremely convincingly if one’s life is on the line.

Abortion is indeed premeditated murder of an innocent life. The procedure is planned and enabled by accomplices. Abortion is often an act to attempt to HIDE a transgression.
    But even it’s fair and just to split some hairs with that. Apart from the few incorrigible women who are serial aborters -totally without morals – there are many women who were badgered into it or even threatened into it by the father of the child, their parents, other people. NO ONE advocates throwing women in prison for it, all the efforts are for advocating talking women OUT of aborting and INTO adoption or learning how to care for the child themselves.
    It’s a positive, not punitive approach.
    …………………..

“Bombs that kill innocent children in foreign lands are murder.”

And what are you insinuating? The lies the media has been pushing on us all regarding the comportment of our troops? We are able to telephone people in Iraq and ask them if that’s what was going on — it’s that easy to debunk, but the media slithered off and dodged the fact-checking of their propaganda.

It IS murder to manufacture colorful toy-like bombs designed to attract little kids to pick them up. It IS murder to blow up a car bomb in front of a school as the kids leave for lunch.
    But these have been the deliberate acts of radical Islamofascist terrorists, who get less scrutiny and criticism for their deliberate targeting than our soldiers, who try very hard to do right, get when they make a mistake.
    Imperfect people demand perfection of other imperfect people. That’s hypocrisy.

Our soldiers ar so diligent, it is a tactic of Terrorists to hide amongst children and use them as human shields because they know our soldiers will hold their fire to protect the kids.